Munky+Head's LACS Ibanez 7's PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jtm45

Reaction score
So does anyone have a pic of that UV (?) that some people are saying has a Sustainer fitted ?
The the link to the pic of the guitar mentioned in this context is not there any more.

I've never heard of either of them having a 7 with a Sustainer before,but then they've jus got so fuckin' many guitars that anything a possibility for them.
I'd sure like to see it if it does exist though please.....anyone?

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Fernandes made a 7 string model with a Sustainer for a very short time.

Finding one on Ebay would be worth buying the guitar just for the Sustainer guts alone to stick in your Ibby if you don't care for the Fernandes core instrument (body/neck).

I'd love to have a sustainer in my TFS6, but I'm not about to hack into a custom hand built instrument to do it.

Reaction score
wow i can't find any gppd pics on google images

:scratch: wow i can't find any gppd pics on google images

:scratch: wow i can't find any good pics on google images

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
anyone know anything abt that green one on the floor? i havent seen one outside of this pic before. ironically, it was this centrefold that turned me on to the PWH. there's just so much character in a 'used' guitar. :hbang:

That looks like a 540S7 IMO

Reaction score
That looks like a 540S7 IMO

yeah i guess it was. dun think they were getting custom stuff back in those days yet. it was probably a stripped 540S7 with green pickups. its funny how i nv liked green as a colour but it just seem to fit itself beautifully into any ibanez and i'm a sucker for them these days.. how i wish dimarzio made all the seven string pups with the option green other than the usual borin black or white or creme.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
k14.jpg

sOMEONE know where can I buy this thing?

Haunted Cereal

I am Sammy Jankis
Reaction score
Wonder why Munky has a Line 6 Flextone head in his case. I thought they lived and died by Mesas.

actually they used alot of different stuff. live they ran mesas through footswitches and had one head for clean and one for dirty but they're studio setup was crazy. i know they both used hughes and ketner for awhile and head used a jcm 900 in studio on the first two albums. they had the resources to sue just about anything they wanted so its hard to figure out alot of it.

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish I still had those pics of the ones they played in the Tomb Raider video, with all of the writing all over them. Those were cool looking.

drucifer

reficurd
Reaction score
Hey! I saw that exact lineup in Louisville around the same time period!
I missed Limp Bizkit, but I wasn't torn up about it :lol:

Cool pics. Yeah, I noticed that too with the pics of the K14. Two pics of it with a white pickup and 7 strings, one with a black pickup and 14 strings. I like Rob Patterson's white fixed RG 7. That is hot.

The first time I saw Korn was back in early '97, I actually got to meet one of the members in a restaurant in Auburn, Me (twin city of Lewiston) where I was working as a line cook, they drove their tour bus in and ate lobster dinners, I was working on getting out early to go to the show but ended up sticking around after I found out they were dining, I only got to meet only David Silveria, that is it. 2 hours later, they played in Lewiston at the colisee Munky had a '97 silver dot UV7BK and another UV7BK with a white pickguard. Head had his beat up PWH. Limp Bizkit opened. They were new, first time hearing them. They were pretty good. Helmet next which kicked ass, then Korn, they put on a hell of a show. :yesway:

I saw them again in the fall of 1998 with Orgy and Incubus opening. In Portland, Me this time. Great show as well. Munky had his LACS (paw print) RG7 with the white hardware and head had his silverburst RG.

I thought their first show was the best. Back in 1997. That's when I liked Korn the most.

I found pics of the guitar Munky and Head used back in 1997, the first Korn show I saw.
shaffer045.jpg

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Head has the best K-14 model. I think I posted a pic in here somewhere. It's a double neck (14-7).

EDIT: First there was Munky with a 6, now Head:
headwith6kd8.jpg

Check out all the string sets behind him.lol

butch

Reaction score
The six that Head has there isn't just a regular six, it is the Mike Mushok model guitar, so even with a six, it's still all down-tuned.

Cheers,
Butch

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Yeah, he's holding a guitar representing a band that may just be more sold-out than his own (old band).

You'd think he'd at least be holding some ungodly 6-string creation from the LACS

... better known as the secret cave monastary of magic guitar gnomes.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, he's holding a guitar representing a band that may just be more sold-out than his own (old band).

You'd think he'd at least be holding some ungodly 6-string creation from the LACS

... better known as the secret cave monastary of magic guitar gnomes.

I'd honestly be surprised if he still had LACS priveleges, or any endorsement at all. Usually when you walk away from your band and do dick-all music related afterwards, you don't get free shit anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')