Murder Construct firing shotz at da djentz

• Thread starter DLG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
I assure you, you are not the norm. Extreme music fans, in general, are, more often than not, just glorified hipsters, in my experience. There's this perception that there's some kind of imaginary metal street cred.

While this may be true of the fans, I find that most people who actually play this kind of music are not like this. I play in a grindcore band, and everyone I've interacted with in my local scene are mostly laid back dudes who just wanna have a good time, no matter who's listening. As someone said earlier, no one plays grind to get popular, so getting mad about whatever's popular is just a waste of time. I personally don't care for djent at all, but calling it (or anything else) false or not music or whatever is fucking lame and just makes you look like an asshole

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
While this may be true of the fans, I find that most people who actually play this kind of music are not like this. I play in a grindcore band, and everyone I've interacted with in my local scene are mostly laid back dudes who just wanna have a good time, no matter who's listening. As someone said earlier, no one plays grind to get popular, so getting mad about whatever's popular is just a waste of time. I personally don't care for djent at all, but calling it (or anything else) false or not music or whatever is fucking lame and just makes you look like an asshole

It does seem like there's a lower percentage of musicians than fans within extreme genres that worry about this kind of crap.

')