FS Music Man JP12-7 & 2013 Mystic Dream JP6

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
True story, these guitars were completed on January 10th, 2013 (JP6) and March 10th, 2013 (JP12). They're basically brothers.

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: 2013 JP12 BFR 7-string & 2013 JP6 in Mystic Dream (Loaded w/piezo and SS frets). JP12 is in excellent (9/10) condition. Mystic Dream I'd give a good rating (7/10).

Selling because I don't play these enough. I want to try more guitars and I can't let myself exceed 10 total.

Being completely honest, I'd keep the JP6 if it was in better condition. It's absolutely covered in tiny micro scratches that drive me absolutely nuts. I tend to keep my instruments as minty fresh as possible but I just get annoyed every time I see the dents/marks/smudges etc. that I can't get over. What's worse is Music Man uses amazing paint so these are purely due to (previous) owner neglect. I'd love another JP7 in this finish but this particular one just lets me down. It plays well and stays in tune etc. no issues. Tuned to E standard with 10s (D'Addarios).

The JP12 is great and is in great shape. Tuned one step down with 11 to 64. But again, I just want to try more stuff. There are some minor marks near the nut/first fret side marker and the case has a borked handle/latch but I bought brand new replacement parts from G&G and these can be swapped on the case if desired. I don't have a riveting tool so I never bothered.

Modifications (if any): None. Although the JP6 had some abomination of a trem stopper installed by the previous owner. They drilled a hole inside the trem cavity and put in a shitty metal block and rubber pad to keep the trem locked in place. Sacrilege, especially since the bridges on these are pretty much flawless mechanically. I ripped it out immediately, but the rubber pad is still stuck to the brass(?) block and the hole is still there, taunting me/you.
Accessories (hardshell case etc): JP12 will have a cleaning cloth and the case keys. JP6 just has case keys, I believe. I'll throw in some picks I never use for the hell of it. Tell me your favourite car/car brand and I'll see if I have a Hot Wheels that can join the guitar.
Location (City,State or City,Country): Reno, Nevada, United States.
International OK?: I'd ship to Canada, but Europe/Australia probably wouldn't be worth the pain (aka customs).
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM me on here. I can provide my email too if necessary.
References (eBay or other forum userid): Now that iTrader is gone, I don't know who I've sold to or bought from 100% aside from that I bought from Nick at the Axe Palace way back in 2013 and I have 100% on Reverb where I only dabble in guitars over $1,500 typically.

I ship exceptionally well. I already have the boxes and packing material ready to go.

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): I'd like to net $2,150 USD for the 12, and $2,000 USD for the JP6. Open to random-ass trade offers, or maybe gear with cash etc. Still considering an AXE-FX III, monitors, Majesty 7s, Horizon-Is, snow white satin Eclipse, PRSseseses, relic Strats, Mayo/Skervesen, JEMs/Universes, Boogies, etc.
Pictures - I can email/upload way more images/videos to show condition as desired.
240517 - JPXII.JPG

240517 - JPXII-4.JPG

240517 - JPXII-3.JPG

240517 - JPXII-2.JPG

240517 - JPXII 2.JPG

240517 - MD 1.JPG

IMG_7659.JPG

240517 - MD 2.JPG

IMG_7629.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Furtive Glance

Reaction score
These are now on Reverb if for some reason you’d like to pay more.

I’ll update:
$1,900 for JP6
$2,100 for JP12

Furtive Glance

Reaction score
Bump again for badass, USA-built 7 string that Music Man doesn’t even make anymore.

')