Music that pulls you through tough times.

• Thread starter Cyntex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
I read the shitty-start-of-the-year thread and I saw a lot of folks are going through a tough period. Now that made me wonder what music, songs or bands help you pull trhough those dark periods everyone encounters at some time. Because personally I can draw a great deal of strength from certain songs/artists.

I'll go first, whenever I hit rock bottom I always tend to go back to hardcore which I seldom listen to. Back to my roots I suppose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPosQDtkolk

One of the bands capable of making me believe in myself again and give it all I got.

To all the people experiencing harsh times, I wish you the BEST!

EDIT: cant embedd the video, anyway the band is Champion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cregmachine

Reaction score
il listen to porcupine tree coz first of all they are my favourite band and secondly there ambient stuff is soo relaxing its great if i manage to get an hour or so 2 meself il jst lie on my bed with that playing its wonderful how soothing it is

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Polysics always puts me in a good mood but when I'm really down I reach for Muse

hxcdeathcore

Reaction score
Set Your Goals, For The Fallen Dreams, and A Day To Remember, because their lyrics are so relatable.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on what I have to get through...

If I'm pissed and need angry, I usually go w/ Slayer or King Diamond.
If I'm depressed/sad, I usually go with Al DiMeola.

Nublet

Sevenstring wannabe
Reaction score
il listen to porcupine tree coz first of all they are my favourite band and secondly there ambient stuff is soo relaxing its great if i manage to get an hour or so 2 meself il jst lie on my bed with that playing its wonderful how soothing it is
Came here to post this. Depends what "tough times" are but usually if I feel down I just get the sappiest songs and go for a walk. X Japan are also a fav of mine.

AntaresX9

Reaction score
Well when I feel down and need to collect my thoughts I go for Red Hot Chilly Peppers. And when I have somewhat oddly melancholic mood I go for Dream Theater, Septicflesh and recently Day of Reckoning(the band where Rusty Colley plays now)

Mettle209

Reaction score
I will probably be the odd ball by saying this but when I find myself in a hard place, I calm my mind and spirirt listening to Christian bands like Casting Crown and MercyMe. They always convey realistic, practical, reasonable, and logical meanings and messages in their songs and that is what I need most. I am not the kind of person to rant and rage when I feel life is being unfair to me. I prefer to quietly deal with it and think it through optimistically. No, I am not the ideal "Christian" but I have always beleived we have all the necessary resources we need to get through hard times. Family and friends being the most important.

Soubi7string

3d printer go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score
every morning I crank Cannibal Corpse-Evisceration Plague
every night I play The Doors-Riders On The Storm
and I listen to the live version of The Doors-The End when I go through tough times of any kind.

gdbjr21

Reaction score
This one is probably weird, but when I was 16 or 17 went through my first real breakup I watched "Roy Orbison's Black and White night" every day.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
The first Misery Signals album, the first Confide album, the first Silverstein album, stuff like that. You know, really emotional metalcore bands, at their most emotional points.

')