Music that still gives you goosebumps & makes yoru heart beat faster

• Thread starter Louis Cypher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skoatdestroy

Reaction score
metallica-creeping death (the part where everyone starts chanting DIE!!!!!!!! no matter where i hear it im allways whispering/speaking/screaming it :hbang:)

HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBhXyKE4-2c
misha did this perfectly!!!!! the arpeggios during prelude will allways leave me speachless and wanting more

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Van Halen - Unchained
Tool - Sober
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Alice in Chains - Man in the Box

Yeah, Chains have a lot of magic moments for me, as do Tool. Picking Chains songs is hard but Your Decision would be one right now. Tool, the mid-section of Schism, unreal, the end of Prison Sex.

Opeth- Face Of Melinda, always gives me chills. And Pain Of Salvation, Undertow. That's all for now.

Genome

Reaction score
The final solo in Octavarium... reduces me to a shivering wreck nine times out of ten.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
The Last Relapse-All Shall Perish

Aside from the fact that the whole song just rips, every time I hear the part of the song where the guitars go clean (ish) for a few measures my joy-o-meter rises exponentially. Then the clean guitars slowly trickle into this build up where everything just kicks back in tenfold and Eddie lets out on of the most brutal and haunting screams I've ever heard from anyone and I feel like I could take on the world.

MatthewK

Reaction score
Björk - All is full of Love
Mr. Bungle - The Air-Conditioned Nightmare
Stratovarius - Years Go By
X-Japan - Tears
Dream Theater - Space-Dye Vest

TankJon666

Reaction score
this...

I can't believe this came out in 1995!! Such an immense track ...infact the whole Slaughter of the Soul album was and is still amazing.

Funny thing... at Download festival one year this video was on a screen somwhere round the site and I heard some kids saying how it was a rip of Trivium!! I actually almost wept for their souls. I didn't have the heart to tell them that Matt Heafy probably wasn't even in his teens when this came out :lol:

Alex6534

Reaction score
I have to say, Pantera's cemetery gates. Just Dime's tone and feel, sends tingles down my back every time!

The Uncreator

Control The Sun
Reaction score

"God forgive me, please forgive me. Its all my fault, the blood is on my hands"

When Owens sings this last line, tears are in my eyes. Thinking about it now I get goosebumps, his performance is just so profoundly filled with sorrow and regret, absolutely fantastic performance.

Be it with Barlow, or with Owens, this song has so many great moments. Both singers put just an insane amount of energy and emotion into it, tears every time, such a beautiful tune.

And by default, Simone Simmons can usually make me weep like a little bitch with her voice, such a warm and smooth sound, I love it.

Enselmis

Reaction score
This tune is absolutely breathtaking, particularly the part at 4:05.

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score

Christian Muenzner - The Tell Tale Heart
2:03 onwards is just amazing

Necrophagist - The Stillborn One
dat solo

actually, any solo on Epitaph would give me goosebumps

pvtcornflower

You know, just...yea
Reaction score
I can still go home to where my old 5 disc CD changer is, open it up and pull out Mer de Noms. That album, to this day, is one of my favorite albums of all time. That and Cemetery Gates (long live Dimebag)

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Well I'm not going to list the "well known" songs because there are just too many. Instead I will list someone [a forum member] who is not uber famous yet this song and some others of his are just mind blowing imho. Very original. I have not heard all the songs off his newest release however I only kind of like one of the new songs I have heard so far. :( Hopefully there will be some that I have not heard yet that will do it for me. Anyways...

Try some good headphones and go to his website/s and listen to the song "The Brawler". Or crank it to "call the cops" level on your stereo.

Greg Rapaport

Greg Rapaport (recording new material) | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

goes by "splinterhead" here and some other places...

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I either get hit with goosebumps through a certain note or phrase, but usually it's lyrics-

Lamb Of God "Descending"
Dream Theater "Scarred" (solo!!!)
Lamb Of God "King Me"
Steve Vai "Tender Surrender"
Dream Theater "Far From Heaven" (Think that's the title...this song hit so close a few times last summer, I couldn't listen to it for months...I'd cry like a bitch every time...and I'm 29).
Mudvayne "World So Cold" (the bridge section....literally saved my life)
Tommy Lee "Bring Me Down" (Again, lyrics saved my life...by seconds actually)
Pink Floyd "One Of These Days" (Live PULSE version...INCREDIBLE)

I could go on and on...

What REALLY gets me EVERYFUCKINGTIME are shows like American Idol and America's Got Talent. Occasionally someone will come out who has been scared shitless to do anything their entire life, so self-conscious, and they play or do something that gets the crowd going nuts.

When I hear a huge crowd going crazy for something, I get caught up in it. Goosebumps, tears...all that. I know what it's like to want to hear that from the stage...so when I see/hear it happening, I feel it from both sides.

I saw STP on their first tour back together a few years ago, they played fucking AMAZING, the crowd was going APESHIT. I spent half the time wiping my eyes and the other half trying to make it to the bathroom to not piss my pants from all the pre-gaming at Great Woods.

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score

Too many... powerful music is my forte.

EDIT: Assuming you meant happy music (it's hard to tell--goosebumps and heart rate can refer to a plethora of emotions) I'll also put the one song that stretches my face into a big dumb grin every time:

Tears for Fears's 'Shout' does it for me actually. It might not be the music so much itself, but it brings a wave of nostalgia over me. Always reminds me of England (or what I imagine it was somewhat like in the 80s), as well as some other family history that had Tears for Fears going in the background!

Plus, its just a damn good song.

samu

Reaction score
The breakdown in Pantera's Domination followed by the signature Dimebag shred :metal:

')