Musikraft alert: if you're into building partscasters, read this

• Thread starter diogoguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diogoguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is probably old news to many, but I just found out that Musikraft is back on building guitar bodies and they are now building true 24-fret bodies!

I don't know about you but to me this is massive good news (I'm not affiliated with them in any way). So here are my thoughts

Pros
- First true 24-fret dinky style that I see in a long time from one of those major part makers <-- major selling point for me
- They have e 24-fret, 25.5" scale neck that fits into it
- Dinky style body, so if you've owned a jackson ,it should feel like home to you

Cons
- You need to figure out who can finish the body for you (painting, put the hardware on, etc.)
- They still have the squared heel neck joint like the 90's dinky body... so if you want the newer/rounder design, you'd have to grab a stewmac razor file and shape the heel joint yourself

Side note: Warmoth has been offering finished 24-fret neck/body combos for a while, but I found their access to frets 21-24 not that good... which basically defeats the purpose for me

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
I’ve dabbled at times about doing a parts build, and I’ve heard that musikraft seems to be a tad better than warmoth quality wise, so this is pretty cool

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I've had a couple of necks from musikraft and they are solid as a rock. High quality work.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's cool that they're offering bodies again but I have something like 5 or 6 guitars here with Musikraft necks on KnE and MJT bodies... a body with a standard-sized heel route is really not a difficult thing to find :2c:

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
FWIW, Musikraft dropships necks to MJT for finishing, I’d imagine it wouldn’t be too big of a deal to have them send a body to MJT for finishing.
That's what they did for me. And why I didn't catch that that body they made was all screwed up and they refused a rebuild or refund because by the time I'd noticed it'd already been painted. And MJT did a terrible job painting it to boot (the black of the sunburst was uneven in thickness as it went around the body and the center was opaque).

So yay for Musikraft bodies and MJT finishing.

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
I had fun building my partscasters but then again, those came at 35-65 Euros for the painted bodys and 30-55 Euros for the necks. Spending 200 Euros for a CNC'd body that still needs a paintjob for another 250 bucks doesn't sound like a great plan to me.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
At least their 7 string is 25.5 scale...Warmoth's two scale choices for 7s are not good at all
Yeah either too short or too long, really makes no sense :lol: max explained it a while ago, but still laughable.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
Now if they could make pointy tilt back headstocks it would be a wonder. Still they would be my first stop for a strat head or non tilt banana.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
That's what they did for me. And why I didn't catch that that body they made was all screwed up and they refused a rebuild or refund because by the time I'd noticed it'd already been painted. And MJT did a terrible job painting it to boot (the black of the sunburst was uneven in thickness as it went around the body and the center was opaque).

So yay for Musikraft bodies and MJT finishing.

That’s a bummer!! You’d think they’d be pretty good with sunburst by now! They did a killer candy apple red for my Gilmour Strat, while they didn’t follow my instructions to a T, I didn’t really care about having Gilmour’s Strat’s damage replicated 100% (though they did with the neck).

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That’s a bummer!! You’d think they’d be pretty good with sunburst by now! They did a killer candy apple red for my Gilmour Strat, while they didn’t follow my instructions to a T, I didn’t really care about having Gilmour’s Strat’s damage replicated 100% (though they did with the neck).

My 2 recent builds have both been good on the finish work though they botched the custom wiring diagram I sent for the HS. Fortunately I can do all that stuff myself and just opened it up and fixed it.

Actually just ordered another KnE body that I'll be sending to MJT for another build.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
My 2 recent builds have both been good on the finish work though they botched the custom wiring diagram I sent for the HS. Fortunately I can do all that stuff myself and just opened it up and fixed it.

Actually just ordered another KnE body that I'll be sending to MJT for another build.

I didn’t even know they fucked around with wiring!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mars, eh? I must see!!!!! That’s next on my partscaster list; a Joe Holmes/Mick Mars kinda Strat. Big headstock, maple board and a Floyd.

There you go... actually got the Rolph pickup Mars uses in the bridge too... thing was stupid expensive but it does sound right :lol:

IMG_20220222_145012_687.jpg

')