Mustaine left Dean and went to Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer

• Thread starter Bdtunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I mean, he's been influential in thrash metal, and metal in general. He has written some sweet songs over the years. However, Megadeth also has their fair share of iffy material. And Dave Mustaine the human being isn't really my cup of tea, at least that's what it seems.

Edika

Reaction score
@Dineley I don't anyone in this forum criticized Mustaine for going Gibson in regards of taking dirty corporate money or something like that. Most people are just not into the designs of the advertised guitars.

Now concerning the QC comments, I have two Gibsons and love playing them but both of them have finish imperfections that you don't find in guitars of their price range. I mean they do built guitars in more traditional way and that shows. Not a deal breaker if you want a Gibson guitar but if I compare to a similar priced E-II then you can understand who is the clear winner.

However Gibson has a lot of affordable models MIA which can maybe be rivaled by Fender to an extend. That is pretty awesome I should say.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
@Dineley I don't anyone in this forum criticized Mustaine for going Gibson in regards of taking dirty corporate money or something like that. Most people are just not into the designs of the advertised guitars..
Not on this forum and other enthusiasts forums, no. But the trash fire that is Facebook comments and other places?

:lol:

Edika

Reaction score
Not on this forum and other enthusiasts forums, no. But the trash fire that is Facebook comments and other places?

:lol:

I try to stay away from facebook comments to keep my sanity lol! I'm guessing TGP is complaining they're not traditional enough and Metal Guitars they're not pointy enough?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

j3ps3

Reaction score
I don't mean to derail thread but build quality has been dramatically better since about 2012 .

As someone who sold Gibson guitars around 2011-2015 I'd say no. The quality is absolutely not what it should be on a guitar that has a price tag like Gibson. No excuses.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As someone who sold Gibson guitars around 2011-2015 I'd say no. The quality is absolutely not what it should be on a guitar that has a price tag like Gibson. No excuses.

I sold Gibson for close to 25 years, and right now, the quality is superb across the line, from Studios and Specials up to Custom and VOS.

Consistency in the $2k range could be better, they still use "meh" tops on stuff that should be a bit better, and they still have some quirks related to certain finishes, they don't make perfect guitars.

But the addition of PLEK, discontinuation of binding nibs outside of VOS, and the new finish/paint shop they built in 2017 has made a significant improvement.

They've also been a better company to work for the last few years and that's definitely been having an impact in the guitars they put out.

VMNT

Reaction score
mustaine_gibson.jpg

mustaine_gibson2.jpg

Bodes

Reaction score
Wth is going on with the neck joint area on the black guitar?
Looks like a 1st day, blind, apprentice using a welder after frying their eyes.

The rest of the paint job must have been done by a toddler.

Latest posts

')