Mustaine left Dean and went to Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer

• Thread starter Bdtunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Glad to see him up and moving again. If I can get the time off work I'm going to try to catch them when they come through the west coast. Still haven't seen Dave on stage yet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. They have a fire about them that I havent seen in a long time.

yeah the footage I saw sure brought a smile to my face. But I was really hoping they’d mix up the set list with something new. Buttttt you know that will never happen.

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
I’m actually surprised to see him with an Evertune model, given his previous statements about his old Kahler bridge on his Jacksons being “tone sucking.”

It is a 22 fret, so it’s likely Dave is just testing the waters with something new.

Plenty of TOM alternatives, though. It will be interesting to see how the price points stack up with quality.

I love the parallel inlays on that Custom.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
If they come out with a standard production model first, I really hope these are in line with the new Iommi prices. But I can see how being 24 frets and probably 25.5" could raise costs a little.

bloodocean

Reaction score
Dave’s solos are increasingly unintelligible when played live.

Sounded tight AF besides that though!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dave’s solos are increasingly unintelligible when played live.

Sounded tight AF besides that though!

He's been like that for awhile. I don't think he every really got back to 100% after the nerve issues in his fretting hand all those years ago.

His rhythm playing is tight as fuck still.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
A2482-E7-D-55-A1-451-A-B514-C8-C9-E0-C5-D1-DA.jpg

D4-B4-D817-09-B3-4-DE0-9-A12-22897270-E37-F.jpg

like the natural quite a bit

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
How to have sharktooth inlays without being sued by FMIC, part 17. I like it tbh, being a V guy, but I'm conflicted: I already haver a natural Gibson V, but this one has good jack placement.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
If they come out with a standard production model first, I really hope these are in line with the new Iommi prices. But I can see how being 24 frets and probably 25.5" could raise costs a little.

I have a feeling they will be a lot more than the Iommi model. The SG is always the least expensive of the standard line and a production signature V would still require more labor.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
How to have sharktooth inlays without being sued by FMIC, part 17. I like it tbh, being a V guy, but I'm conflicted: I already haver a natural Gibson V, but this one has good jack placement.

Is that a thing? FMIC sues people if they use sharkfin?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
That natty one is looking pretty good, I'd dig having a classic V like that in my lineup

musicaldeath

Herald of Djod
Reaction score
I've seen Megadeth 7 times live I think, but this is the tightest I've seen them in a long time. Also, I didn't think I would like the natural finish (they never look good on the website). But damn, seeing it on that video... i like it the most. Can't wait for the shops to get any of the DM Vs in. Would love to try one.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Gibson is just putting out collectors items this year I guess. Now Jerry Cantrell’s “Wino” which is like $8000. After it’s release I’m sure it’ll be $20,000 on the secondary

')