Mustaine left Dean and went to Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer

• Thread starter Bdtunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheBolivianSniper

Reaction score
Gibson is just putting out collectors items this year I guess. Now Jerry Cantrell’s “Wino” which is like $8000. After it’s release I’m sure it’ll be $20,000 on the secondary

I've really been debating using my savings to snag one of these and then trying to flip it for profit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah the latest Gibson stuff is crazy expensive. I loved the look of those explorer and v reissues they did then I saw the price tag. :(

neurosis

Reaction score
Gibson is just putting out collectors items this year I guess. Now Jerry Cantrell’s “Wino” which is like $8000. After it’s release I’m sure it’ll be $20,000 on the secondary

They have been good at this for a long time, they just really put a world of marketing and storytelling behind the idea of legendary and authentic instruments. They are meticulously revising and rebuilding the roster or icons associated with the brand, not even hiding the faction the blatant video tributes, then using the momentum to funnel collectors items that will increase interest in the catalog. They do know what they are doing and it's working. Sucks, though... I really wish they made some of these guitars available for way less. But they know there is a value in scarcity.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
They have been good at this for a long time, they just really put a world of marketing and storytelling behind the idea of legendary and authentic instruments. They are meticulously revising and rebuilding the roster or icons associated with the brand, not even hiding the faction the blatant video tributes, then using the momentum to funnel collectors items that will increase interest in the catalog. They do know what they are doing and it's working. Sucks, though... I really wish they made some of these guitars available for way less. But they know there is a value in scarcity.

maybe next year they’ll release affordable models like the Iommi

VMNT

Reaction score
Looks like there is an Epi version in his rig too

epi720.png

Very surprised to see him with that strange Kramer though, perhaps not his? Also, check out the fan 'risking his life' at 1:59 :hbang:

Last edited:

Celtic Frosted Flakes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Very surprised to see him with that strange Kramer though, perhaps not his?

The Kramer is just a regular production model, not a signature guitar. It's auctioned off after the concert so Dave can get some more money.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
As to why Dave was playing the Nite-V.

Edit: Ah, saw this was already mentioned above.

AE351816-E67-C-42-B8-BF4-D-E43-C1-A21713-E.jpg

neurosis

Reaction score
Oh man, can't wait to see Essex Recording Studio try to flip those guitars as well

What's the deal with that? I first noticed that guy when he was making a review of a Standard Horizon and asking some insane price. Is he successful? Do people really buy this stuff?

Reaction score
What's the deal with that? I first noticed that guy when he was making a review of a Standard Horizon and asking some insane price. Is he successful? Do people really buy this stuff?

About 2 or 3 years ago, Mustaine dumped a lot of guitars on Reverb with prices to meet the fans. This guy bought them all (or almost) and priced them later at 1.5x or even 2x the original price tag Mustaine posted them at. He got immediate hate all over the net... or so I think the story is about, not very sure about the details...

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
My memory is never the best, but I think there was a package on the last Megadeth tour that had a meet-and-greet price that included getting a guitar that was played live at the show. It was a Chinese-made Dean that he would use during the encore. I guess auctions could make you more money and I don't think they can do meet-and-greets at the moment anyhow. So, I guess it makes sense.

Latest posts

')