Mustaine left Dean and went to Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer

• Thread starter Bdtunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My '18 classic had nibs? Was this just to keep it "classic"?

There was considerable backlash when they stopped, so they phased back in on some lines around 16'/17', including the Classic and Traditional, while the Standard and Modern did not. Like I said, it's been pretty spotty since then, appearing on some models you wouldn't expect and absent from ones you would.

VMNT

Reaction score
Last edited:

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Well, I guess just not my cup of tea. But I think those guitars look bland as all hell. "Classic", I guess, but I just see nothing in them. I think a slightly modified V shape and Explorer models would've been better.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
Well, I guess just not my cup of tea. But I think those guitars look bland as all hell. "Classic", I guess, but I just see nothing in them. I think a slightly modified V shape and Explorer models would've been better.

The wooden finish one isn't too bad but it's missing the extra 10% to make it pop. Not a fan of those witch hat knobs on it either.

manu80

Reaction score
8C3EA3B6-6E09-45A1-A059-596931EF10FB.jpeg
19B17828-F606-4B82-9823-41583C76057B.jpeg
E4DFF272-F539-4F1D-8C71-6C61AB58C260.jpeg
Agreed. Pots doesnt fit the look and stull, the guitar is ….simple. Maybe too much but i’m more on the jackson side;)
Friend of mine bought it in paris ( his pics there ) this morning. Said the finish was good, even the truss cavity is clean. Huge sturdy case. Strangely when it comes to usa, i found the dean to be more classy wood wise.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Shocking they are not all in Essex by now :D
Interesting to see the strap button off centre and have they added a piece of wood at the end of the fingerboard past the 24th fret?

Still in stock in a few shops at RRP though
https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/prod...on-dave-mustaine-flying-v-exp-metallic-silver

No clue about the end of the fretboard, but the offset strap button was probably intentional to make fret access a little easier. Probably unnecessary, but I'm seeing it on other ones as well.

Also not surprised at all scalpers are getting in on this ATM... even though they're going to be fully released in a little over 2 months. :lol:

VMNT

Reaction score
Strangely when it comes to usa, i found the dean to be more classy wood wise.

Yep, Jackson or even Dean would have selected the most attractive planks of wood and made sure the grain was aligned with the horns. Gibson seems to be using an IKEA table as a benchmark.

')