Mustaine left Dean and went to Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer

• Thread starter Bdtunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yeah, no shocker... my Sweetwater rep still continues to suck. There's more than 25 stores listing the "limited" RIP Kramer, including Kramer direct. Now I'm regretting paying full pop, especially when I saw some initial ones went on Reverb for ~$800 (thanks for the heads-up, @complex-barb.0t ).
Who is your Sweetwater Rep?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
And why are you using one you dont like :lol:

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Someone got one like 2 days after they were announced and said the QC was junk on the Kramer. But that’s also an opinion from a youtube video .

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
1686022852436.png

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
IMG_4627.jpeg

I got mine in. Here is a detail shot of the finish. The low file size limit can’t do it justice, but wanted to show it was not flat green.

Initial inspection I didn’t see any immediate flaws. Might have got lucky this time with the QC lottery.

Everything seems in order and the case is a lot better than the one they were selling with the recent Korina Epis.

Zado

Reaction score
View attachment 126000

I got mine in. Here is a detail shot of the finish. The low file size limit can’t do it justice, but wanted to show it was not flat green.

Initial inspection I didn’t see any immediate flaws. Might have got lucky this time with the QC lottery.

Everything seems in order and the case is a lot better than the one they were selling with the recent Korina Epis.

Ok with the details, but I want to see the whole babe.

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know these are not the best pics, but I don't feel like putting too much effort into detailed shots because they will still exceed the file size limit.

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like the logo itself, I just hate that the angle doesn't follow the headstock's
Yeah I think the logo typeface at least makes it unique. My theory is the alignment of the logo is so it's more horizontally aligned when in playing position. If the logo followed the headstock it would look wonky when playing. Damned either way I guess because the compromise looks a bit off sitting on a stand or playing. The Kramer logo can't look as glorious as Jackson does :).

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I posted my pics already in another thread… so I don’t want to keep spamming… but mine is almost flawless. Just a tiny chip in the finish by the rear control cavity. And I’m shocked at how much I like the pickups. I usually think most pickups sound alike and when they don’t a slight turn of an EQ knob balances them out. But these are legit cool pickups. I didn’t want to put it down but it was dinner time lol.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Someone got one like 2 days after they were announced and said the QC was junk on the Kramer. But that’s also an opinion from a youtube video .

I think I saw that vid. Was it the guy who’s wife bought one for him?

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score

“Then going through the other lines with Epiphone and Kramer, it wasn't really that difficult to make these lines all of a sudden have serious metal credibility. Because somebody said to me when I first went to Gibson they said, ‘Gibson isn’t a metal guitar company.’ I said, ‘It is now.’”

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I posted my pics already in another thread… so I don’t want to keep spamming… but mine is almost flawless. Just a tiny chip in the finish by the rear control cavity. And I’m shocked at how much I like the pickups. I usually think most pickups sound alike and when they don’t a slight turn of an EQ knob balances them out. But these are legit cool pickups. I didn’t want to put it down but it was dinner time lol.
Yeah this pickup sounds significantly different than my other JB pick up guitars. Much brighter and cutting. So it's certainly not just a JB with a different cover.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah this pickup sounds significantly different than my other JB pick up guitars. Much brighter and cutting. So it's certainly not just a JB with a different cover.

Yeah not sure if it’s just the sum of the parts but I have a lot of guitars with 59/JB and they don’t sound like this. The first couple times through are the neck pickup.

manu80

Reaction score
It looks more than a Jackson KV than the dean and ESP for sure , but the tailpiece is bigger than the dean's, really not a fan of it.

Latest posts

')