Mustaine left Dean and went to Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer

• Thread starter Bdtunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Been staring at that one myself for a few months. Ironically I just wish it was 22 frets. But the prophecy line ruins the looks by making it 24.
That already has 22 frets, but you ought to be rejoicing. For they opted to be generous whilst building the guitar and threw in a couple more.

Believe. That is all.

Only yelling. Followed by bad guitar tone. Followed by yelling out random hearsay.
Glenn: Samples are cheating. IR's are evil. Blah blah blah, and more incoherent yelling.
Also Glenn: Buy my samples and IR pack. It's not cheating if it has my name on it and I want that not-so-subtle moneygrab.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
That already has 22 frets, but you ought to be rejoicing. For they opted to be generous whilst building the guitar and threw in a couple more.

Believe. That is all.

Glenn: Samples are cheating. IR's are evil. Blah blah blah, and more incoherent yelling.
Also Glenn: Buy my samples and IR pack. It's not cheating if it has my name on it and I want that not-so-subtle moneygrab.
All of his samples and IR packs have a slight background hiss that when amplified is just him yelling about something.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Strangely the neck pu in the thrash factor set is a sh-1, which to my knowledge was never picked by Dave. After the jackson /obl it was sh-2-sh-4.
You gotta love marketing ;)
His '90s KV came with a SH5 in bridge and a SH4 in the neck...

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Epiphone is 1400$ in the US and 1700€ at Thomann. That's 1840$. What the hell?

Well at least it is less than the Gibson KH 1979 Flying V custom at 16000€
Are those Euro prices with VAT? Keep in mind the US prices are before sales tax. In California that is almost 10% at the moment.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Seems like a baritone might be in the works . Presuming that means a 26.5” scale ? I take it with a grain of salt but seems like a possibility coming from the man himself ( seen on guitar world ) .

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpeg
    IMG_0206.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45

VMNT

Reaction score
I love that he "cannot tell the difference between them [Kramer/Epiphone] and a Gibson".
Too bad everyone else can.

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love that he "cannot tell the difference between them [Kramer/Epiphone] and a Gibson".
Too bad everyone else can.
I am guessing from a playing standpoint it’s probably true. He has his guitar tech set all of them up. I am sure that guy does a great job and makes almost any guitar play really well. Seems unlikely he is playing them as we get them from retail.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I am guessing from a playing standpoint it’s probably true. He has his guitar tech set all of them up. I am sure that guy does a great job and makes almost any guitar play really well. Seems unlikely he is playing them as we get them from retail.

Reminds me of EVH saying he wanted the Wolfgang guitars to be the exact same as what he plays on stage. Yes, but your tech is god-tier.

I've said it before, but almost nothing trumps a good setup on a guitar.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
On top of that, they are definitely going to select a good one to give him in the first place. Any company that isn't at least doing that much is just asking for endorsees to jump ship.

it's like how Loomis played "the same import Schecters you can buy" and plays "the same Jackson pro series you can buy." But the companies definitely send the best examples to him and then a guy he knows sets them up.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
On top of that, they are definitely going to select a good one to give him in the first place. Any company that isn't at least doing that much is just asking for endorsees to jump ship.

it's like how Loomis played "the same import Schecters you can buy" and plays "the same Jackson pro series you can buy." But the companies definitely send the best examples to him and then a guy he knows sets them up.

Exactly this.

My stock first year Schecter Loomis FR (low serial number!) is as good as it gets. A custom shop master luthier version might be max 5% better. Maybe. I lucked out because this is the type they’ll send to an artist. They don’t get the rando production model one with dead wood or QC defects lol.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score

Interesting tidbit was that the SN dates it to 2022 meaning that they’ve been sitting on the release for a little bit.

')