Mustaine left Dean and went to Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer

• Thread starter Bdtunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Interesting tidbit was that the SN dates it to 2022 meaning that they’ve been sitting on the release for a little bit.

I guess they were waiting to finalize the Epiphones so they can drop everything at once? Or waiting until there was enough stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The neck pickup is a bone stock '59 tone-wise. Only alterations were the matte bobbins and black chrome polepieces. Even duncan says it's just a fancy-looking SH-1N.

That’s the official word that I got. Whatever. I just wanted it to match the look of the bridge pickup when I got mine. Besides, does anyone really give a shit what neck pickup Dave uses?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That’s the official word that I got. Whatever. I just wanted it to match the look of the bridge pickup when I got mine. Besides, does anyone really give a shit what neck pickup Dave uses?
We talked about it before but for the longest time, Dave even didn't :lol: Up until he joined ESP he just fucking used whatever.
I also thought it was funny when Duncan claims the '59 is *perfect* for those RiP tones, when... yeah, Mustaine rarely uses the neck pickup, and it was a Bill Lawrence L500(x)L, not a '59 lol.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Interesting tidbit was that the SN dates it to 2022 meaning that they’ve been sitting on the release for a little bit.

That's incredibly common. They make these in huge production runs so by the time they make enough for the first few pallets and you throw in time for freight, inspection, etc. You can bridge months.

Celtic Frosted Flakes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230903_180410_Instagram.jpg

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Mustaine left US and went to Italy/Italia/Spaghettiville.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
What happened? I thought he is some kind of conservative patriot guy now? Why would he move to the communist EU?

NexusMT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What happened? I thought he is some kind of conservative patriot guy now? Why would he move to the communist EU?
He finally opened his eyes, plus he is probably making more money with EU than USA at this point between Record sales, streaming and live shows.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
That's a shame. I saw a few on YouTube when they came out and thought that finish was shocking. Couldn't decide if it was bad QC or an ill-judged choice.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I feel like it was a weird choice to do the silver without wood filler. It made more sense to do that with the natural one

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I feel like it was a weird choice to do the silver without wood filler. It made more sense to do that with the natural one
There are some folks who still think putting wood filler on an electric guitar will destroy the tone. I won't defend that stance myself since I used to buy the same model guitar from a company over and over and some of them were filled, some not, and they all sounded just slightly different but none bad. But, it could very well be someone involved thought it shouldn't have filler. Which, admittedly, looks shocking fugly on any form of pearl / metallic / silver / gold / etc.

imalrightjack

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Definitely a good decision.

Wish I got the Mustaine King V I passed on a few years back.

bloodocean

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of stumbling upon this gem again and figured the rest of you would like a good chuckle.
First time I’ve heard more than 5 seconds and it’s really not as bad as I thought it was. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a great performance. It’s just not embarrassingly bad.

The orchestra got the room mic and Dave got the dry DI or something.

Latest posts

')