MXR Wylde Overdrive

• Thread starter groph
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Not sure :scratch: Id assume so. If you have one, open er up and find out. Itd be a small off white trim pot that fits a small phillips screw driver. Small adjustments make a BIG difference!!!!

I've got to check that. The EVH phaser is already lush too make it even more lush would be uber cool!

Sorry for the hijack, everyone! :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cpnhowdy

Reaction score
I use one sometimes depending on the amps. I dont own an amp so it is always random what amp Ill be using in the rehearsal studio.
The ZW-44 through a boogie .50 cal sounded very nice but through a
JC-120 sounded like dogshit ( no real surprise).

I saw a video with Zakk from some Guitar World dvd saying he cranks everything up on the pedal. Mine is extremely noisy with all cranked so
Im kinda curious about his true setup.
Phil Demmel mentioned he uses one in front of his Peavy and I dig their sound.

cycloptopus

Reaction score
hows the Blackstar sound with the mesa, could it boost and tighten up my DR for good cannibal corpse like distortion and tone?
I'd say its more of a stand alone distortion than a boost. Its got a pretty good amount of distortion at the lowest gain settings. I don't use it with my mesa. I went through a bunch of distortions to use with my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and this is the one that stuck, so far. Very cool pedal.

diseasewithin

Reaction score
Use a tubescreamer into my mesa for high gain applications....very slight on the drive and tone maybe 2 o'clock level almost maxed. Just pushes the tubes to a bright saturation. i add the ZWD in for when I solo and turn it's tone toward more bass, like 10 o'clock, and the two other knobs sitting at 2 o'clock...this makes a beautiful very fluid and harmonic tone ala Petrucci with a 3 db or so bump in volume when the ZWD kicks in.

Nick1

Reaction score
Right now Im not using an overdrive to boost my rig. Im just using an Egnater Rebel 20 with the master on 10 (yes 10 cause its a 1 channel amp) But the gain acts as a volume as long as I keep it under 5 it stays clean. So I keep that set at like 2-4 and the watts up to 20. Im using a Blackstar Dual Preamp for all my gain with a JJs Gold Pin 12AX7. Those are being pumped thru an Avatar 412 with Vintage 30s and also an Egnater 212 Cab with Custom 80 watters.
As for my teaching rig (Im a full time guitar teacher) And I play thru a (gasp SOLID STATE AMP! :eek: ) But its a Roland Cube 60. :yesway: And I dont use the amps gain too often actually. I use the MXR Custom Shop Over Drive for all my gain. I sometimes run the Cube on the Metal Setting but with the gain at 0 since the metal setting isnt too muddy or too bright. And its the only one that sounds good when the gain is that low. Then use the MXR for the actual gain. The Cube and the MXR actually sound really great together for a solid state setup.

Im thinking I might drill a hole in my MXR so I can access the mini switch without opening it up.

')