My 1'st 7 string guitar build

• Thread starter reborn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

reborn

Reaction score
Well I'm very excited for this build.My good friend Matt at Razar Guitars had this body kickin around the shop.I've always wanted to learn to build guitars Matt threw this body at me and said finish it it's yours.

0044.jpg

0045.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Be careful playing that live.

And if your vocalist acts like a dick, you know what to do!

Heeboja

Crazy Finn that is
Reaction score
My good friend Matt at Razar Guitars had this pole weapon kickin around the shop.I've always wanted to learn to build guitars Matt threw this pole weapon at me and said finish it it's yours.
Fixed.

I've never really liked any other shape than super strat but that looks like metal. Wouldn't go with that long of a lower horn but opinions opinions...

Good luck for the first build!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I imagine that if he'd actually thrown that body at you, you wouldn't be around to tell us :p

But good luck with it its one wild shape.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
hmmm... this looks considerably different than the mock-up.. much more narrow, much longer horn, 'shorter' body.. Are the differences intentional, or did angle of the mock up mislead my eyes regarding the dimensions of the shape?

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
this looks great...Is the mockup the color its gonna be finished in?

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
hmmm... this looks considerably different than the mock-up.. much more narrow, much longer horn, 'shorter' body.. Are the differences intentional, or did angle of the mock up mislead my eyes regarding the dimensions of the shape?

Not to mention that the mock-up was for an 8-string split headstock, and had an unnecessarily extended fretboard.

Bobby

Reaction score
Love the shape. Reminds me a lot of the jackson kelly.

BRUTALIZER GUITARS

Reaction score
this design is one that ive put on the back buner for the time, Ive been working with shane on this guitar in hopes that one day soon Ill have a new shop helper LOL:cool:

the body is Black walnut with a santos rosewood and flamed maple neck with a blood wood fretboard, SD blackouts hardtail bridge string thru set neck

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks good so far! That body shape is really wild looking. Looks more like a midevil weapon than a guitar:evil:

BRUTALIZER GUITARS

Reaction score
Ok neck is Glued in and the Pickup cavitys have been routed out and next we are doing the elctronics cavity and bat box :hbang:

just througing this out there but We might be selling this once finished.......Very nice axe I may be bringing this design back in the mix, Ive been geting a lot of emails about this design

Pics soon:cool:

BRUTALIZER GUITARS

Reaction score
Just wait until you guys see the new pics:bowdown: I was talking to shane and Im thinking we will let this one go for around 1100.00$

XibanezedgeX

Reaction score
I knew this was Metal Matt from over at Project Guitar from the first picture. I recognize your touch, I have to say I really dig the shape. Your work has always impressed me quite a bit.
:yesway:

BRUTALIZER GUITARS

Reaction score
I knew this was Metal Matt from over at Project Guitar from the first picture. I recognize your touch, I have to say I really dig the shape. Your work has always impressed me quite a bit.

Thanks man,:hbang: are you a member at PG?

Latest posts

')