My 2nd Guitar build... Fanned Fret 8 string

• Thread starter TimSE
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Ohhh, nice! That's going to be awesome! I think you might end up revising that little point on the back end of the upper cutout, but other than that I'd say get to work! And I LOVE how much access you gave yourself at the high frets.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Al NiCotin

Reaction score
I like your original designs, your approach in guitars conception.
Looks well balanced graphically and prolly physically (center of gravity), with ergonomics in mind
All this without CAD:hbang:

Your previous model shown is such kickgass too :metal:

Total respect :bowdown:

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Let me know how you are planning on plotting out the fanned frets... I'd love to see your method of measuring, as that can be a very, very tricky thing to get just right.

This is very true! i guess il have to find some measurements online and just be careful when marking them out... we'l see when it comes to it i guess

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
I like your original designs, your approach in guitars conception.
Looks well balanced graphically and prolly physically (center of gravity), with ergonomics in mind
All this without CAD:hbang:

Your previous model shown is such kickgass too :metal:

Total respect :bowdown:

thanks for the kind words dude :D
hopfully itl turn out as good as my Bullet 7 did! itd be so killer if it does

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Ohhh, nice! That's going to be awesome! I think you might end up revising that little point on the back end of the upper cutout, but other than that I'd say get to work! And I LOVE how much access you gave yourself at the high frets.

Ya the cutaway is half from a mates guitar (which he made) and half from the ibby acoustic exotic wood range which also has a monster of a cutaway.

As for teh lil point at the top, i did play around with a design where it wasnt there and there is something about it that doesnt look right to me :shrug: il see if i can get a pic up of it without that so u can see.
it just looks ... boring almost? hard to describe

thewildturkey

Reaction score
Dude. I pawed my way through your last build one night, F'n amazing work.

Really good quality first build and story!!

Love the new body shape, Personally I would extend the lower horn a touch, like some of dpm's Onis with that really little bottom horn, I adore that shape.

I look forward to this thread......

Dan.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
that is a badass design! but i do have to agree that if you play sitting and lean into your guitar that little point is gonna fuck your chest up. (thats the reason i sold my bc rich beast!)

also i was thinking about that measuring the frets thing. there is a fret calculator here http://www.stewmac.com/FretCalculator you could just take the measurements for your long scale and short scale and mark them both on seperate strips of wood or something (including the mark for the bridge position) and you could use some string to put across each fret mark and move the pieces back and forth until you like how its laid out and then mark the sides of your fretboard. not sure if that would work or not but thats just what came to mind.

MacTown09

Reaction score
Woah. Nice body. I am very ready to see this thing up and runnin man! Sure its gonna be killer. Once you get rollin with this a little more i will for sure be lookin to you or Hufschmid for a custom :)

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Woah. Nice body. I am very ready to see this thing up and runnin man! Sure its gonna be killer. Once you get rollin with this a little more i will for sure be lookin to you or Hufschmid for a custom :)

wow man! thats such a huge compliment to be compaired to a talent like Hufschmid! :wub: his guitars are far better no doubt tho!

MacTown09

Reaction score
yea but i really like the ideas you got here. The body shape is killer. Just keep movin up and youll be up there

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
yea but i really like the ideas you got here. The body shape is killer. Just keep movin up and youll be up there

wow thanks man :D il see how well this one comes out and if im confident and your convinced id be more than happy to do you one :yesway:

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Headstock design done

PICT2776.jpg

MacTown09

Reaction score
Wow awesome headstock. Awesome body. FREAKIN awesome guitar! Cant wait to see how it turns out. And yes i might just have to make you do me one of this depending on how it turns out. Man i think that thing would look GREAT in flat black.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Actually, I had pictured a flamed or quilted top, stained a color, with the cutout bevels in a black. I think THAT would be badass.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
pretty sweet!

though the arm contour might be uncomfortable (though it does look bitchin').

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers very much guys :D really appreciate the kind words.

Sadly i lost my job last week cus they cant afford to keep me employed and have basically screwed me over! so i danno when im going to be able to get this build underway ... pretty shit really :(

Actually, I had pictured a flamed or quilted top, stained a color, with the cutout bevels in a black. I think THAT would be badass.

You sir, nailed it on the head! ;)
this one will be an intense Green stained Flamed maple top, with black bevels! altho to really understand, you'l have to see it ;)

iv also decided im going to add a TF (see my avatar) logo inlay at the 12th fret made from abalone ... winner

Latest posts

')