My 7 has been getting lack of attention

• Thread starter SupaCoolMan2005
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SupaCoolMan2005

BringBackTheHeadbang
Reaction score
well my brother made me a 7 string randy rhoads V and i use to play it alot..now i really dont know what play one it. i dont know what bands are good to jam to on a 7 or songs to learn. Any ideas:scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

alex103188

Reaction score
well my brother made me a 7 string randy rhoads V and i use to play it alot..now i really dont know what play one it. i dont know what bands are good to jam to on a 7 or songs to learn. Any ideas:scratch:

Tune half a step down and then drop your low string to G# and jam along to the into of "age of deception" by fell silent!

It's groovy and you can probably pick up the rest of the song quick.:hbang:

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Unearth, Fear Factory, Korn, Meshuggah, Deftones, Taproot are some bands that make fun stuff to just jam along to.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
You could take this as an opportunity to compose your own material. For me, as a guitarist, there is nothing more rewarding than writing/recording my own song, watching it gradually take form, and evolve. 7s are great tools for writing. :idea:

SupaCoolMan2005

BringBackTheHeadbang
Reaction score
Hell Yeah i got pics

Front

D_3D

Back Of Headstock

n77345041243110962718.jpg

Bacl of Body

n77345041243110952121z.jpg

Back Of Neck

3D

Closeup Of Front

3D

Down The Neck

cuanBn

Front Of Headstock

D_3D

Khameleon bevel

n77345041243110973035.jpg

Enjoy :shred:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's it? Those are all the pics you're gonna give us?

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
You could take this as an opportunity to compose your own material. For me, as a guitarist, there is nothing more rewarding than writing/recording my own song, watching it gradually take form, and evolve. 7s are great tools for writing. :idea:

:agreed:

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
NICE! :scream:

I actually rarely jam to stuff on my 7! I used to play a lot of Unearth when i was in B standard, but now i'm in Bb standard i don't know much stuff by bands that use that tuning besides a few Nevermore and Morbid Angel riffs!

I mostly use 7s to write on and record, and use my 6 for jamming

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
You need us to tell you why you should be playing that beautiful guitar? I assume the real issue is you can't stop having sexual intercourse with it, that's why you aren't playing it :scratch:.

Seriously though, i play just about everything on my 7. Mostly stuff that wasn't even written for 7 strings.

SupaCoolMan2005

BringBackTheHeadbang
Reaction score
hahaha..i guess so. i learned some rose funeral on it today..and then my power went out so i have just been playing with it all day. today is seven string day!!!

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
hahaha whats with the squint:scratch:
Read his quote. :)

Anyways I play everything on my 7 strings now. At one point I sorta got bored of my 7 string and went back to 6 strings for a few months then picked up my 7 string after not playing it for months, and everything changed from there on. I find myself just alot more creative on my 7 strings, and eversince that day I sold off all my 6 strings and currently have 2 7 strings with another one on it's way :D. For the most part, I learn most of my songs by ear now after over 2 years of playing (thanks to hours a day of practice.. it definitely pays off :lol:) and tune my Schecter C-7 to A# standard and my Washburn WG587 to C# standard. Occasionally I'll drop tune if needed, but for the most part I stay in those tunings.

')