My 8 String In Progress!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Durero said:
A black stain with the grain still visible is my personal favorite.

do you think the quilt is too dark for a blue denim color finish?
those are ultra sexy!
and what color should the maple edge be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
nah the blue will show throught that quilt but it may be a bit darker as for the edges I'd do black on the edges.

TheIllustratedLuthier

Luthier than thou
Reaction score
oh and by the way, Charlie Hunter is amazing. However, I'm not sure if you're referring to using a fan fret system. We're going straight equal temperment with this one. Also.. the bridge isn't intonated yet.. obviously.. .... just clearing that up!

bulb

Reaction score
ladies and gents: my luthier! haha! he's good people cmon give him a warm welcome, the man's a genius!
as proof i present to you my NEW cocobolo fingerboard, if this isnt pure sex then i dont want to know what is hahahah!
fboard.jpg

fboard1.jpg

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, that's one hell of a fretboard.

bulb

Reaction score
not really any updates yet, i mean i have changed a few things around, and i think im going to go for a lacquer finish but not a very reflective one, sort of a soft finish which wont stick when your arm gets sweaty, and i will be going for a sort of faded denim look as far as colors go. He has the lundgrens and last i heard he was making the molds for them or something, i should ask him what the progress is, i think it will actually be a couple more months to tell you the truth especially since i will be going with a lacquered finish.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
bulb said:
ladies and gents: my luthier! haha! he's good people cmon give him a warm welcome, the man's a genius!
as proof i present to you my NEW cocobolo fingerboard, if this isnt pure sex then i dont want to know what is hahahah!
fboard.jpg

fboard1.jpg
Very nice. It's looking good so far. :yesway:

bulb

Reaction score
Hey guys i have some new pics of the top to which Jesse (the luthier) said he "worked some magic" with, and just when i thought my top was already gorgeous too. Also my pickups arrived finally!
Here are some pics!
MishaTop.jpg

MishasBridgePickups.jpg

MishaCloseup.jpg

Jesse said he will be working on the guitar all day today, so i might have some more pix a little later!

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow... gorgeous woods! It's really starting to come together. Personally, i think the point on that "armrest" cutaway would be very uncomfortable, but i presume you've designed it and tested it to work with your playing position.

bulb

Reaction score
i dont really rest my arm on the guitar so much as the bridge so im not one of those people who gets bothered by that section of the guitar so much haha, i designed it that way so that the input jack would be in there facing up so that i could wrap the cable around the strap without twisting the cable.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
is the guy building that a roberto-venn graduate? doesn't say on his myspace, but he's in chandler, az, so makes me wonder...

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
Wow, that's very cool. Definitely coming together now!! You will be posting clips right?

Latest posts

')