My 8 String In Progress!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
i dunno about a black body, i honestly will either do blue body or natural, ill wait until Jesse posts some pictures of the body and the neck and gives me his reccomendation cuz this far he has done everything perfectly for me!!

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
b3n said:
I think he's talking about the back/sides of the body, not the top.

He knows, he just typed it wrong.

I also think natural color on everything else is the way to go. Let all that layered wood show through.

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
bulb said:
Hey guys got some new pics of the progress.
The first pic is the guitar painted in the color i want it, except i wanted it to have an even more layered and deep look to it so what jesse is doing is painting the guitar and then sanding it down so the color remains in the grain so when he paints over it, you have layers!
blueoyster2.jpg

and this is after it was sanded down the first time
spray.jpg

and this is the back
spray2.jpg

the body i think will look nice in natural so we will keep it that way and if it doesnt then we will probably do a deeper or darker blue, but i have a feeling that the natural maple will look real nice!

i think it would look best as it is in the second pic....its pretty unique and just plain awesome
:hbang:

D

Desecrated

To much contrast between the back and the front, that super nice wood in fron tand just that plain wood at the back, i think a blue paint would look the past, maybe a little transparent blue so that you see a little grain,

Seven

Contributor
Reaction score
OzzyC said:
i think it would look best as it is in the second pic....its pretty unique and just plain awesome
:hbang:

+1, It's very nice in the second picture.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Are you guys serious?

The second pic makes it look as if the guitar is not completed in my opinion.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Hmmm, I would keep it natural, it provides a nice contrast in colour to the blue quilt. Saying that though, I would maybe stain the wood slightly darker, but that's just me. It'd match the fretboard a little closer in that way, so you'd have a sorta 2-tone colour scheme.

A trans-black finish could be cool too. (Well, maybe...)

Desecrated said:
what about dying the back the same color as the fretboard ?

Ah, you beat me to it.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
Are you guys serious?

The second pic makes it look as if the guitar is not completed in my opinion.

:agreed: I think it looks a LOT better in the first picture than in the second. The second pic looks like a slab of wood in a garage. Looks like it needs to be sanded and painted.

bulb

Reaction score
haha as cool as the second pic is, i DEFINITELY prefer the look it has now, that was the color i had in my head all along, and im honestly amazed that jesse was able to get it exactly right!

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That looks amazing! I'm very envious of you now :lol: I think that body needs to stay a natural finish so it doesn't detract from the beauty of the top.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
wow man, that finish its really really good.
i like that PRS of Paul Allender of Cradle of filth.
its this one.
prspaulallender.jpg

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Skinhead, as cool as that guitar looks WTF has it got to do with Bulb's 8 string? BTW that PRS sounds like shit for metal, to the extent that their producer wouldn't let Paul record with it. Straight from James McIlroy.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Really elegant, i like the 2 tone wood.
Its good the hipshot bridge?

bulb

Reaction score
thanks, i like hipshot style bridges and so i think it will be good, i will take that over a gibson style one anyday (prefer the palm muted feel)

')