My 8 string project! CHECK IT OUT!

superstarssjc

Reaction score
Ive posted this before just saw that this section popped up so im reposting it here...I cant wait to get it finished...its gonna be great. This is my first build ever and I have not had any formal training...just passion and googling everything...with a bit of advice from Jesse Hall(the Illustrated Luthier)

8 string modeled after a PRS(Modern Eagle)

29inch scale
Alder body w/ 1/4 AAAA flamed maple top
Wenge/purpleheart/maple neck w/pau ferro fret board 24 frets
Hipshot fixed bridge
sperzel locking tuners
EMG 808 pickup

Finish will be a blackcherry with satin clear coat,with headstock having a wenge veneer and a flamed maple truss rod cover all unfinished neck!!!

Im looking to start the fret work this week!

Attachments

• wood5.jpg
    wood5.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 36
  • wood 4.jpg
    wood 4.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 23
  • wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 36

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Merged your old thread with the new one:yesway: No sense in having two of them.

For anyone else who has a build thread that they want moved to the new forum, report your thread and ask to have it moved and we'll get right to it:yesway:

Black_tear

Reaction score
It looks really good, i just can't understand why only one PU...
I mean, if you 're making it, wouldn't be more practical to put at least two so it could be more versatile?I know that this is a personal choice but, if you ever want another sound, you won't be able to have it without having to mod it.
Just my opinion though

superstarssjc

Reaction score
I originally did the one pickup bc of budget and the thought that meshuggah does just fine with one. Eventually I will add a second it's super easy to add another and a bit of refinishing after... No biggie. The next one will have 2 pickups, I'm thinking of doing a 7.

Latest posts

')