My 8 String Video

• Thread starter rahul_mukerji
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
So I got my 8 string (Ibanez) a couple of years back and had the hardest time figuring out how to play it. I don't really play Djent music and had bought it as a stepping stone to the Chapman Stick. But since its a guitar it serves both purposes, I could potentially tap on it and if required play it like a regular guitar. :idea:

Finally, I was able to use it within the band and I got a video of it. A couple of mistakes here and there :realmad: but not bad for first time playing out live with it, I thought.

I'm playing it through a Peavey 3120 Head running into a 1960 Marshall Cab. I believe there is a little delay I've used in the setup. The distortion tone is from the TC NOVA, which is really a great little pedal, imo.

Hope you like it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

syndrone

You Must Listen To SYNDRONE
Reaction score
the nova is the best overdrive / disto pedal out there imo.
and does a MUCH better job as a booster than any TS or similar pedal..

cool playing, could use some compression as well!

keep it up!

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Thanks everyone !

Yeah a couple of flubs. I was pretty nervous trying out the 8 live. For some reason its so much easier playing it in your bedroom than on stage. I guess its the constant "don't mess up, don't mess up, no spazz fingers" voice in your head that messes you up :realmad:

The lick in the second half is a simple arpeggio I stumbled upon while the singer was playing that progression. I really like it, and play it to death at practice. Fun little lick.

Yeah, syndrone, I agree NOVA's distortion is pretty damn good. Its proved to be better than my OCD, Satchurator and any other BOSS products I've tried. It gives a pretty good tone.

')