My band finally got a singer!!!! Heavy PTH influence.

• Thread starter xmetalhead69
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
I'm in the process of making a soundclick so its easier to show people, but for now I'll link the myspace. Unexpected Allies on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

We're a very unique proggy band. This is our first decent recording. I'm not at all satisfied with the tones or tracking tbh, but I was forced to use horrible modeling on this song because of time constraints. You dont even know how hard it was to find a good singer for our style. But I'd love to hear your feedback!!

EDIT: JUST FINISHED RECORDING AN INSTRUMENTAL VERSION OF A NEW SONG, AND UPLOADED IT TO SOUNDCLICK. go here

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
big pth fan. not as much shread but sounds pretty good to me :yesway:

singer does a good job, does he do all the vocals?

keep up the good work - id like to hear more

Reaction score
"we're a pretty sweet prog band" is a great way to make yourself sound like a douche, it sounded like a sweet prog band though so I'm not going to sip the h8erade. Good stuff!

ChasingTheSun

Pastor Of Muppets
Reaction score
I agree with Stealth, humility is a tool. A device. A saviour, some would say. Make use of it please <_<

With that out of the way, a few things come to mind:
1) That singer is totally awesome, and his cleans are VERY Rody-like. Keep him anyway you can.
2) The rhythm guitars are a bit muddy for my liking alot of the time, but the riffing is pretty cool.
3) I read the name on your Myspace logo as Allies Unexpected. Doesn't actually bear any importance, just an interest sidenote.
4) Keen to hear more :D

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
thanks guys, sorry, I wasnt trying to come off as douschey. keep the feedback coming please :yesway:

Dragonfly

Reaction score
WOW, at first I was like.. ok, this is somewhat straightforward, but then the vocals started + the face went up and I was like ,,, waaaaah F*king awesome! :D
Sounds a-like the really old PTH stuff :) but more proggy, that's great!

You did really well I think, going rough at 2:00 soft at 3:00 and at 3:30 mixing that up with a build up of roughness to some sweet guitaring!

4:00, really energy-pumped build-up I love it, really gets me jumping & dancing!

Yeah, I'm almost through the song now (writing as listening), the riffing is really variated, which is really nice! I like the addition of the Synth, when I was young I didn't like those, but it's nice especcially for proggy/expirimental/avant-garde music to use a lot of instruments/styles,, and you also didn't use the synth the whole time! (which is always my negative point when it comes to bands having synth,, they always want to fit in those synth in somewhere, but sometimes they should shut up!)

Nice tough ending, ... aaaand there is no second song :'(

Jup, like you said, PTH like.
The vocals are really PTH like, the rest of the music should be speed up to 200% to be PTH-ish though.. :D But I like this, music shouldn't be fast the whole time, I think you really had a lot of variation in there which is nice and makes the music more contrasting and MUCH stronger.

So, I'm giving you 5 stars! Though I would like to hear more songs + a CD quality would be nice too ;) Though I don't really need that much quality when the music is awesome.

Damn, I'm probably saying the same thing 10 times now. But you guys are awesome! And now get your asses over to the Netherlands to tour!! While you're at it, bring PTH, BTBAM, Rolo Tomassi, Stolen Babies and UneXpecT along will you? (though not all of them are from America,, they all are a bit proggy in some way!)

So.. more songs + keep up the good.. no, awesome work! :wavey:

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
wow thanks a ton man! means a lot. hopefully we can get another song up soon, we have guitars and bass tracked, need to do keyboards and vocals for it, so relatively soon expect another new one.

Reaction score
I agree with Stealth, humility is a tool. A device. A saviour, some would say. Make use of it please <_<

With that out of the way, a few things come to mind:
1) That singer is totally awesome, and his cleans are VERY Rody-like. Keep him anyway you can.
2) The rhythm guitars are a bit muddy for my liking alot of the time, but the riffing is pretty cool.
3) I read the name on your Myspace logo as Allies Unexpected. Doesn't actually bear any importance, just an interest sidenote.
4) Keen to hear more :D

False modesty is equally as grotesque. I struggle to understand peoples delusion, it must be rooted in their ignorance of the amount of talented musicians and great music there is out there rather than them thinking their art is genuinely objectively "better" than others.

And tbh, arrogance has a detrimental affect on your playing, as you aren't so intent on bettering yourself as a musician.

And no I'm not judging the original poster for their brief lapse of judgement, I'm speaking in generalities.

Myspace will not work for me, so apologies for ransacking your thread for my 2 cents on a slightly offtopic subject, but I cannot check yer' stuff out. :lol:

Dragonfly

Reaction score
Nice, just post whenever the new song is ready!

Btw, for someone proggy, your username is like REALLY cliche.. it has ALL the cliches in there:
- the 'x'
- the 'I-belong-to-this-group'
- the 'I-like-this-position-the-most-in-bed!'

Haha :lol:

Oh, and put your myspace link in your signature, 'cause your current one is suggesting you need a signature! :rolleyes:

freakinbird

Reaction score
Thanks for the input people! (I play rhythm guitar a.k.a. not as good guitar in the band) And Dragonfly, we'll go to the Netherlands one day... if we ever play a show that's not at our school! Do the Dutch take kindly to progressive metal, 'cause I've always wanted to go to the Netherlands.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Zand3

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Singer reminds me of OMNOM and could possibly be one of the best singers out there

I absolutely love the singer and am really jealous. I want to start a band with him!

Does the singer have a myspace with an old band or old recordings we can hear?

sgswimmer

Banned
Reaction score
False modesty is equally as grotesque. I struggle to understand peoples delusion, it must be rooted in their ignorance of the amount of talented musicians and great music there is out there rather than them thinking their art is genuinely objectively "better" than others.

And tbh, arrogance has a detrimental affect on your playing, as you aren't so intent on bettering yourself as a musician.

:yesway::yesway::yesway: YES!!!

good stuff btw :) keep it coming!!

edit*
i lost the game

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
Nice, just post whenever the new song is ready!

Btw, for someone proggy, your username is like REALLY cliche.. it has ALL the cliches in there:
- the 'x'
- the 'I-belong-to-this-group'
- the 'I-like-this-position-the-most-in-bed!'

Haha :lol:

Oh, and put your myspace link in your signature, 'cause your current one is suggesting you need a signature! :rolleyes:
I purposely made it as cliche as possible for lols, then regretted it and its too late to change it now :rofl:

Reaction score
I felt like, in spots, the production was lacking, but overall, the music was good.

I must say, however, that I though your Myspace layout was the shit~

Kwonnie

Reaction score
Very professional-looking logo even though the hierarchy may cause word order confusion. Quite the awesome vocalist you got there even if he gets a monotonous -here and there-. Guitars are a bit muffled but that's okay. I love it all. Very complete-feeling song.

flo

Reaction score
Thanks a lot you guys, positive feedback from sevenstring.org = :D

Want some more?:lol:

I love the song! The sound is a little shitty as you promised, but the rest (composition, melodies, riffs, energy, and yes the singer) are simpliy amazing. Make an album!

:hbang:

*want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want**want*

')