My band's new song in the works (Tech Death?/Progressive?/Brutal?/who knows?)

• Thread starter WhiteWalls
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteWalls

Reaction score
It's 3 AM and I'm listening with headphones so I apologize if some of the levels are way off but you'll have to deal with it for now :lol:

Anyway this is my band Psychostasy's latest song, here's what we used to record it:
Drums - SD 2.0 Metal Foundry, with snare and kick replaced
Guitar - RG2228 with Blackouts, into TSE x40, and lecab
Bass - 4frontbass for the rhythm parts, Ibanez I don't remember what model for lead parts
Vocals - SM57 into pretty much nothing but compression and tape saturation (I'm poor)

There are still some small holes, and everything has yet to be completely edited and humanized, but I really could use some advice about the mix and maybe the song as well!

Here you go: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55923489/PSYCHOSTASY - ETERNAL RECURRENCE CAPS LOCK.mp3

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RobZero

BWOOOOWWWW™
Reaction score
that's my boy, the song is sick, the cynic-esque part at around 2.00 kills me every time. solid riffing, and nice mix too!

Reaction score
Great job man. Very brutal, I wanna see more from this band.
You guys gonna get this recorded in a studio anytime soon, I'd want to hear a final version of this

WhiteWalls

Reaction score
Great job man. Very brutal, I wanna see more from this band.
You guys gonna get this recorded in a studio anytime soon, I'd want to hear a final version of this
I'm flattered dude :bowdown:
If you want to hear more just go here: Psychostasy EP 2012 by WhiteWalls on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Anyway we're a DIY band (also for artwork and booking) so unless we get a crazy record deal or something, I'm just gonna produce it myself. I'm still learning, but we can't afford a real studio, and even if we could there would be no guarantee that the result would be what we want. So the final version won't be much better than what you just heard, sadly!

GTailly

Intellect's Minion
Reaction score
God I am really liking your stuff!
Really good mixes and sweet music man.

I can't actually decide which version of the mix I prefer. :lol:

The second one has a more organic feel though. Depends on what you guys want.

')