My blue 727

• Thread starter jim777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Really don't want to sell this, but the wife's minivan is dying and the less credit I need to replace it the better. I'd rather sell the Soloist ;)
727.jpg

Anyway, 2 year old Carvin 727 : 2 piece mahogany neck through, tung oiled neck. Ebony fretboard, medium jumbo stainless steel frets, block neck inlays and locking nut. Mahogany body with quilted maple top. Carvin's triple step blue stain (makes the quilt really stand out). Black hardware, licensed floyd and Sperzel locking tuners. Still has original pickups in it, but comes with a (used) Blaze neck pickup (from a UV, marked "N2") and a new Blaze Custom bridge pickup. Both DiMarzio pickups have had their polepieces swapped out to black, so you can retain that blacked out look when/if you swap them in. Also has a blue DiMarzio clip-lock strap, and Carvin hardshell case.

Some early "just got it" pics of it here, but I will get better ones tomorrow. The guitar is a darker blue than it appears in the pics, the first pic above is closer to reality. The mahogany is also a bit darker than shown in those bright sunlight pics. This is a REALLY nice Carvin 7 string if anyone is looking for one of these.
9.9 of 10, no issues whatsoever.

$1000 firm, plus shipping. I might consider a trade for a Taylor CE, but I'd rather sell it. No other trades thanks.

jim

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'd be willing to put this on eBay (for the listing fees, maybe 30 bucks?) if someone wanted to BIN and get the $250 back from Microsoft/Live.com. Would make the total price more like 780 with shipping. That only works with PayPal though.

SlowShred

Reaction score
I'd be willing to put this on eBay (for the listing fees, maybe 30 bucks?) if someone wanted to BIN and get the $250 back from Microsoft/Live.com. Would make the total price more like 780 with shipping. That only works with PayPal though.

I don't get what you mean. You'd do a BIN for $1030, but send back 250? I'm PM'ing you, cuz at 780 shipped, I'll buy that sumbitch tomorrow.

edit: I forgot to ask. What is the neck like on that? I have a dc135 that I love and the neck is a perfect fit for me. Do you know how it compares?

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't get what you mean. You'd do a BIN for $1030, but send back 250? I'm PM'ing you, cuz at 780 shipped, I'll buy that sumbitch tomorrow.

edit: I forgot to ask. What is the neck like on that? I have a dc135 that I love and the neck is a perfect fit for me. Do you know how it compares?

He *personally* is not sending you the money back. Read this thread:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/off-topic/62965-25-off-ebay-purchases-total-refund-up-250-any-bin-auction.html

You have to sign up for this account with Microsoft and then use Paypal through that search site live.com and microsoft will give you 25% off any buy it now purchase on ebay. The only catch is you won't get your money back from Microsoft for like 60 days or something, so just keep in mind you'll still be out the $1000 until they send you back your $250 in 2 months. :wavey:

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yes, you still pay me full price, and MS/Live.com will rebate you 25% (up to 250 bucks) in about 60 days. All told, you save money, but your initial outlay is the same.

All PMs responded to. I'm also going to put one or both of my motorcycles up on the 'Bay this weekend as well, so as soon as I get the first bid on either this one will come down. As I said, I really don't want to get rid of it :D

And I've never played a DC135, but the neck on this one is very nice. The tung oiled mahogany is a dream to play. Much nicer than the finished neck on my DC400 or my brother's CT6.

jim

SlowShred

Reaction score
He *personally* is not sending you the money back. Read this thread:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/of...ases-total-refund-up-250-any-bin-auction.html

You have to sign up for this account with Microsoft and then use Paypal through that search site live.com and microsoft will give you 25% off any buy it now purchase on ebay. The only catch is you won't get your money back from Microsoft for like 60 days or something, so just keep in mind you'll still be out the $1000 until they send you back your $250 in 2 months. :wavey:

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that little deal. That would definitely be worth doing.
Yes, you still pay me full price, and MS/Live.com will rebate you 25% (up to 250 bucks) in about 60 days. All told, you save money, but your initial outlay is the same.

All PMs responded to. I'm also going to put one or both of my motorcycles up on the 'Bay this weekend as well, so as soon as I get the first bid on either this one will come down. As I said, I really don't want to get rid of it :D

And I've never played a DC135, but the neck on this one is very nice. The tung oiled mahogany is a dream to play. Much nicer than the finished neck on my DC400 or my brother's CT6.

jim

Thanks. Post up the ebay link as soon as the auction goes up. It might not last long.

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that little deal. That would definitely be worth doing.
Thanks. Post up the ebay link as soon as the auction goes up. It might not last long.

To be clear, I have no problem putting her up on the bay to save a brother $250. Who would!?
But I don't want to put it up on the 'Bay to auction it. I'll do it for an "I'm ready to pull the trigger" buyer so I don't have to fill the auction with BS and pictures and stuff :lol: Purely a money saving deal for someone already committed to buying this awesome instrument. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
')