My collection.

• Thread starter bostjan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which is best?

• Samick Garbage 7

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Washburn WG 587

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • USA BC Rich MB 7

Votes: 41 23.3%
  • Fernandez RP 7

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Ibanez RG 7620

Votes: 106 60.2%
  • Dean Av 7

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • They all suck!

Votes: 18 10.2%

• Total voters

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
7str.jpg

left to right: Samick garbage, Washburn WG 587, BC Rich Mockingbird 7, Fernandez Revolver Pro 7, Ibanez RG-7620VK, Dean Avalanche 7.

If I posted this in the wrong thread- sorry.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I said the Ibanez. The BC Rich is nice, but I have never liked BC Rich, even a tiny bit. The Fernadez is second to me. Those are nice sounding guitars, the sustainer is such a neat addition. The Dean almost looks like a OLP Petrucci or something.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i'll be damned if i didn't vote for the Ibanez too :D

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I voted for the Ibanez, but the Fernandez looks pretty cool too.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
the rich is fairly obviously the nicest guitar there. the ibanez is nice but thats a usa one of a kind rich 7 handmade...and the fernandes is made by small children in libya. granted the playability and tone is up for debate, but believe me the custom shop rich is the nicest made and im sure it shreds.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rich. Damn nice guitars, from that period, anyway...

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Which one's your favorite? I'll vote for that, as that matters a lot more than what we think. ;)

I have yet to see a BC Rich that I'd actually like to own - I don't care how well they're made, I just couldn't take myself seriously wearing one of their guitars. This one's at least reasonably subtle, but...

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i voted the ibanez as well... that bc rich looks nice but i can only imagine its neck is probably not as nice as the 7620's, and the fernandes looks decent, but i'm an ibanez kinda guy

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
*sarcasm on*

that's a custom-shop Samick, isn't it?

*sarcasm off*

:lol: kiddin bro, I used to have one of those:lol:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I voted for the BCR, since that looks like a nice one from back when they knew how to build guitars.

I always loved the looks of BC Rich's stuff, but I could never play it. After you throw out all the guitars that would make me look like I was strapping on a car (I'm 5'7"), you're left with the shapes that range from traditional to eh. That, and something about the necks don't do it for me. I've noticed that Jackson players and BCR players tend to not crossover very much.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
7slinger said:
*sarcasm on*

that's a custom-shop Samick, isn't it?

*sarcasm off*

:lol: kiddin bro, I used to have one of those:lol:

What is the model name on that thing? The shop told me 'It doesn't matter what it's called, it's cheap junk, so you'll get it for a cheap price if you want it.' I love that kind of honesty. The wood is actually really great, but the workmanship is the worst I've ever seen in a seven string.

noodles said:
I've noticed that Jackson players and BCR players tend to not crossover very much.

I love Jackson guitars, almost bought two of them when the price on the DX7 came down. They went out of stock pretty fast, though. I considered a USA Jackson a few months ago, but couldn't justify paying $8k.

I do like my Ibanez, but it may need some serious fretwork. The neck is wafer-thin, but very unstable in Michigan weather. I have constant troubles with the fourth and fifth strings fretting out, even with modest action. :noway:

I'm going to make my next guitar something lightyears ahead of all of these, but I'll wait to brag about it until after it's done, then maybe I'll divvy up the plunder (although I don't see myself selling the BC Rich, ever). :)

Drew said:
Which one's your favorite? I'll vote for that, as that matters a lot more than what we think. ;)

I have yet to see a BC Rich that I'd actually like to own - I don't care how well they're made, I just couldn't take myself seriously wearing one of their guitars. This one's at least reasonably subtle, but...

Oh, as you might be able to tell from the fingerprints, I'm using the WG 587 a heck of a lot now. The neck is pretty nice (just a smidge thicker than the Ibanez), but the BC Rich is my giging axe most of the time. The neck is a custom one-off. They made the width 2" at the nut, but the neck is still quite thin.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice collection, I voted Ibanez RG 7620 but I really like that Mockingbird. Very nice.

I jammed with a guy that had that same Samick 7-string. He still has it actually. Not a bad guitar, I've played worse. :yesway:

')