My contributions for a band name, please vote!

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these do you prefer for a band name?

• Total voters

helly

Professional doofus.
Reaction score
If I hadn't heard of/seen winds of plague before, I'd say they were probably local :lol

STYG, WOP and perhaps ROTF aren't local.

Well, Rise of the Fallen is local, and that was their last show, but STYG is huge. Face the Frontline was the other local, and I think it shows through the name pretty clearly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
The number one rule in advertising is to create a lasting impression.

None of the proposed names are memorable - they try too hard to sound sophisticated, which undermines their credibility. Instead of establishing an air of legitimacy and expertise, they come across as pretentious and vapid, like a University freshman trying to bullshit his way through a seminar on a complex and relativistic subject that he hasn't done the background reading on. I found myself trying to deliberately forget them - they're embarrassing.

I suggest something simpler. One word, two syllables maximum.

Way too much thought goes into names. There are some great bands with bad names. Plus once you've heard a name 100s of times without really thinking about it, you tend to think it sounds cooler than it would had it been suggested.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Way too much thought goes into names. There are some great bands with bad names. Plus once you've heard a name 100s of times without really thinking about it, you tend to think it sounds cooler than it would had it been suggested.

This is very true :yesway:

However, it's still better to have a good name than a bad name.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Yup. We still don't have an official name haha.

Maybe Bottoms Up will be it lmao (who expects anything technical w/ a name like that)

')