My cover of Guthrie Govan's "Fives" solo

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nesty

Reaction score
Flawless guitar playing. I'm struggling to find any mistakes there, you seem to play the solo with ease.

Well done my friend.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Not perfect, but it's a damn sight better than what I could do. Well done man! Sweet vibrato.

rebenton

Reaction score
Really nice. You captured his phrasing a lot better than most Guthrie covers I've seen. It may not have been 'perfect' (I couldn't catch a mistake in it if I tried), but I think you got the feel of it, and that's probably the most important part. I'd give you an A. :hbang:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Wow. You've been playing a year less than me, are two years younger than me, and play better than I can imagine myself doing in the next 3 years or so :lol:
And you opened for Holdsworth? :eek::hbang:

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Seriously I fuckin hate you!!!! Your better than I will ever be in my life. Awesome job dude!!

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
Yeah, someones gonna get a call for lessons reallll soon like.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
As I am an average guitarist at best, take this with a grain of salt.

I am a clarinet/sax player for session work, and I do quite a bit of Jazz/Fusion playing.

This is really really good. Technically quite flawless... musically though, I felt like the phrasing on this particular take was 80% there. The thing that Govan does so mind boggling well is play fast guitar solos with beautiful dynamic control and phrasing. You were most of the way there, but I kind of felt like it was lacking just that extra bit of spit and polish to make me go :bowdown:

Tones

Red paperclip trader
Reaction score
Very smooth playing! Greetings from another bergen county resident :wavey:
Washington Township specifically.. TRAIN ME!

')