My Custom KXK 7 String Guitar Build Progress

• Thread starter DaveZ
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DaveZ

Reaction score
VforVendetta00 said:
damn awesome axe, how much is that costing you? if u don't mind me asking.
The price is very reasonable to me, costing a little under $1600. I believe Rob now posts prices for his guitars on the KXKguitars.com website.

Dave Z

Bastard Toadflax

Change is on the way...
Reaction score
As for the pickup's...I had my 7 set up with 2 emg 707's, i switched out the bridge pos. for an 81-7 and its much better (IMO) I think that the 707 is based on the 85 and the 81-7 on the 81 (duh) so you can use that as a reference.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Looking great! The skull inlays with the exposed abalone brains are great! Not quite my thing, but very cool and unique. I personally think it would have looked better with a 4+3 tuner arrangement instead of running five tuners down the top of the headstock. Just a matter of personal taste, i suppose.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, you're really killing me, man. He's got my fretboard and inlays cut, but that's the last I heard. I need to drop him a line and ask him if he's got any more pics for me yet.

Here's mine (so far): http://www.kxkguitars.com/DE2005. I can't wait to get it in my hands!

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Basecoat looks great man. I would have personally left it natural finish, but nonetheless, beautiful guitar.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like where that builder puts the jacks, on the back out of the way.

DaveZ

Reaction score
noodles said:
Wow, you're really killing me, man. He's got my fretboard and inlays cut, but that's the last I heard. I need to drop him a line and ask him if he's got any more pics for me yet.

Here's mine (so far): http://www.kxkguitars.com/DE2005. I can't wait to get it in my hands!
Nice... My build started in the end of May, so it takes time. I know he is pretty busy building a lot of custom orders, so my pics took some time to get updated as well but that's no big deal to me.

Rob had to custom design a lot of things on my guitar, especially the placement of the electronics since I wanted the pickup selector close to the strings like my EB Petrucci.

Dave Z

DaveZ

Reaction score
DaveZ said:
Here are the specs and some pics of the building of my custom 7 string guitar from KXK guitar company http://www.zatuchney.com/kxk.
I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Dave Z
Bump - pics have been updated, guitar is almost done! Click the above link to see the pics.

Dave Z

')