My Custom RGA7MOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
good work guys, that guitar looks absolutely gorgeous!

now, you know we need clips, yesterday.

:yesway:

dtrax

Reaction score
good work guys, that guitar looks absolutely gorgeous!

now, you know we need clips, yesterday.

:yesway:

I know I know... But as of now I have no mics so I'm going direct with my Mesa and using cabsims, but that does this guitar no justice. I think my next purchase may be a 57 or similar. I kinda wish I was able to do some A/B clips - basswood vs. mahogany, but that ain't gonna happen as I've modded the neck to fit the new body. That said, we all know what bad basswood can sound like... :noway:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
borrow a mic?

dtrax

Reaction score
Ok, I've got it wired up and have been jamming for a bit. It's late here, so the volume on my Mesa is pretty low, but here's some thoughts so far...

Obviously the settings I had for the basswood body didn't quite work, so I've had to tweak a bit. But the first thing I noticed was how much more pick attack there is now as opposed to before with the basswood body. This isn't new string syndrome either. The bass is certainly tighter, but the midrange on this guitar is fucking glorious. The tone is complex and meaty. And the big plus is leads don't feel 'choked' as they did with basswood.

Funny thing though... the low B is going to take some getting used to, mainly because there's much more clarity now.

BM (before mahogany)

Gain: 3:00
Treble: 3:00
Mids: 12:00
Bass: 9:00

AM (after mahogany)

Gain: 2:00
Treble: 3:00
Mid: 2:00
Bass: 9:30

I did make a booboo when soldering though. The volume pot doesn't work at all... and I forgot to ground the bridge! Oh well, it's late and I worked 10 hours today, I'll retrace my steps tomorrow night and fix the problems then.

P.S. Good things (sound clips) come to those who wait... :cool:

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
Looks hot man, great work by Elysian!

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Man that is a gorgeous piece of mahogany. Great work.

digitalpig

Reaction score
Looks fantastic!
I love mahogany with a nice grain and this definately is such a piece. Great!

Greetings!
Felix

dtrax

Reaction score
Here's a little tone test. It's a Satch style instrumental diddy I'm fucking around with - the snippet is only about 0:34 long. I used impulses (no micing), but I'm pretty happy with the rhythm tone. The lead tone is so-so, but I'm not much of a lead guitarist anyways...

Latest posts

')