My customized Schecter (The Brain Guitar!)

• Thread starter ats-123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ats-123

Reaction score
I started out with a stock C-7 Schecter. I shaved the edge off to make some elbow room. Sanded the body and painted it with a new custom look. Added Hipshot tuners, and EMG 707 and an EMG 60-7x and all new guts. Got the neck professionally setup and adjusted the bridge and pickups to match the specs on my 8 string.

I thought it turned out pretty good for a first attempt at a rebuild and considering I done 95 percent of the work myself...so I thought I would share it with you guys.

Attachments

• white shecter.jpg
    white shecter.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    630 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 739

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ats-123

Reaction score
Thanks man I paint cars for a living so I have some experience with clear coats. Guitar building is new to me but this was sooooo much fun...I think it has become a new obsession.

Zado

Reaction score
I would love to see such a finish like this on their catalog...it's very lynch-like,i like it very much,great man!

Divinehippie

ESaD ;)
Reaction score
Thanks man I paint cars for a living so I have some experience with clear coats. Guitar building is new to me but this was sooooo much fun...I think it has become a new obsession.

yeah man you can totally tell you know how to paint. lol i cant stop looking at the pics. super cool idea man. how's she play/sound now?

ats-123

Reaction score
It sounds awesome I'm going to try to do a video this weekend if I can get over this monster sickness ive had the past couple of days. I currently have the 60-7x in the bridge position but from what ive read online it might actually sound better if I put it on the neck and the 707 on the bridge.
I don't have paint specifically for guitars. The paint and clear I used was urethane basecoat/clear coat.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Dammit I'm actually really jealous of how awesome that is, and how unique!!

Seriously, looks really cool and very inspirational, thanks for sharing that, I won't forget it!!

chili

Reaction score
ats - any more thoughts on the 60-7x or 707 in the bridge? I'm looking for something with more mids and bass than the bridge Blackout in my ATX.

geeman8

Reaction score
I'd be really interested to hear how that 60x sounds in the bridge. They definitely sound awesome in the neck position...probably my favorite EMG.

ats-123

Reaction score
I actually dont like the pickups that much. I ended up switching and putting the 60-7x on the neck which helped some. As with anything involving musical instraments its all about prefrence but if i had it to do over i would probably have gotten to 707xs.

Latest posts

')