My E.P. 'Unfinity' to be Released 7/7/13!

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

revclay

Reaction score
I took a listen and really enjoyed it. I really like the flowing nature of the EP and how each song is woven together into one larger piece with some repeating motifs. You also have a unique voice in the progressive metal world. And it also seems like an EP format makes a lot of sense for a release like this. It allows you to present a long composition broken up into a few parts that are easily digestible on their own. I guess what I'm trying to say is great job and I hope there is more where that came from.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the kind words man :)

That is exactly what I was going for tbh, a few people have talked to me about this in terms of tracks, really this is just one long song in parts and that's definitely how I was thinking about it when writing.

I'm sorry to keep saying this but I really appreciate you all taking the time to listen to this :)

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
@Nick you're such a legend haha!

@EcoliUVA Thanks a lot man, really glad you enjoyed it.

I checked my bandcamp today, over 10,000 plays and 600 downloads. It's seriously inspiring and I can't thank you guys enough. Awesome.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Hey thanks a lot man! I'll be sure to give your stuff a listen soon btw :)

osmosis2259

Reaction score
Hey, when are you aiming to have the next release out? Sometime this year or next year?

We need more!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Lars, that's amazing! :D

@osmosis2259 I'm aiming to finish it end of summer but if I do there'll be a little bit if a gap between finishing and releasing. Shouldn't be too long though, definitely this year :)

Thanks again guys.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
You have guitar pro tabs for this EP?
Just wondering because I know lots of people use it for composing.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I have some tabs yeah, I'm working on them today actually, I'll make them available when I can :)

As for drums, yes it's all Superior and based around the standard Avatar kit, I can tell you exactly what drums when I'm back at my computer :)

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Sweet!
Ill enjoy playing through it and may even stick up a bass cover if im feeling productive.

---edit---

what tuning are the guitars and bass in?

Santuzzo

Reaction score
As for drums, yes it's all Superior and based around the standard Avatar kit, I can tell you exactly what drums when I'm back at my computer :)

Thanks for the info.
Did you process the drums inside the SD2.0 plugin or in your DAW host? (or both) ?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Sweet!
Ill enjoy playing through it and may even stick up a bass cover if im feeling productive.

---edit---

what tuning are the guitars and bass in?

Ah man that would be awesome!

The guitars were (E)BEBEGBE - I used a 7 and an 8, same but with extra low E on the 8.

The bass was meant to be BEBE (that's the low B of a 5 string) but I broke my high E pretty early on, so that string only features in the main part of EIMN part 1 and some of part 2 haha. To clarify, the parts following the Drop E 8 string were played in the same octave in unison, I didn't go another octave down.

Thanks for the info.
Did you process the drums inside the SD2.0 plugin or in your DAW host? (or both) ?

I used the SD2 interface to mix the individual drums and bleeds, so kick and snare were mixed (and sometimes a touch of EQ to blend the mics) and I used the transient designer for the kick from SD as well. Everything else happened in logic.

Still listen to this album almost every day. Soooo good. :wub:

:wub:

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
The bass was meant to be BEBE (that's the low B of a 5 string) but I broke my high E pretty early on, so that string only features in the main part of EIMN part 1 and some of part 2 haha. To clarify, the parts following the Drop E 8 string were played in the same octave in unison, I didn't go another octave down.

Splendid, I will give them my best shot :D

avinu

Reaction score
Wow. I am freaking loving this. I love how you structured the EP as a whole. Very unique sound too. :hbang:

The production sounds saweet as well. Definitely loving the drums dude. You should totally share your secrets on that!! :scream:

Latest posts

')