My entry for Ola Englund's Feared Song

• Thread starter NickShredScott
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ruben_Necrosed

Reaction score
It sounds powerfull man, bur very bassy in my opinion, when you have a studio monitor or transparent monitors it sound amazing, but when you play it in a powerfull bass rig it sound a little bit muddy, you have to mix having in mind all type of rigs.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
The tom transients sound a bit weird to me. Maybe they're just too loud, I don't know, but it's pretty much the only thing that I didn't like in this. Very, very solid stuff overall!

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Nice mix Nick. Made me try harder. I'm still a noob so I couldn't pull off glitches but I tried my best at chopping n cutting up some vocals.
https://soundcloud.com/sinusoidalofsinew/2013-01-10-george-sackett-4

Sounds alright. The guitars sound pretty solid, theres some weird stuff going on with the palm mutes though. Maybe they could use a boost in the mids a bit. but everything else is kind of weak. Low-end needs to be cleaned up and tightened up so the bass has some more presence.
Kick drum lacks balls. It needs more thump. Can't really hear the rest of the drum kit that well. The snare seems to be non-existent on my speakers.
The big problem is the low-end is really washed out I find. If you clean that up and readjust your mix things should sound a lot better.

')