My first build! Meet "Pumpkin"! XD

• Thread starter dres_x
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dres_x

Reaction score
My first guitar build! The nickname is "pumpkin" for now hahaha
Here's a mockup from photoshop:
canary_gfs_green.jpg

Specs:
Neck is a quartersawn piece of canary with a pau ferro fingerboard from Warmoth. Compound 10"-16"in radius with huge stainless steel frets :p Standard thin carve with cream dots :) Since this is my first build I wanted a nice neck I wouldn't have to modify much to get working properly so most of the budget of this build went here :p

Everything else is from GFS to keep the final price down. Trans orange poplar strat body. 6-point trem (different from the picture) with a huge brass block. Black hardware and staggered gotoh-style locking tuners

The pickup is a dimarzio Tone Zone. Why green? Well...initially I was looking for a black one but then I saw a green one on ebay so I said "What the heck...it'll look like a pumpkin XD"

Future upgrade considerations
-will definitely put in a neck single coil at some point and add a tone control...just gotta save up some money and decide what kinda pup I want there first
-might upgrade the body in the future if I end up not liking the feel of it. I went with a budget body so I could practice putting something together and even if I mess up I won't be in tears.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dres_x

Reaction score
Got a package from GFS today. Here's a quite pic with the parts together!

DSC02661.JPG

DSC02662.JPG

Looks neat :D
The body feels incredibly cheap tho (well it was only $50 :p) haha. There are lots of weird dents/scratches but feels pretty light. Can't wait to see how the whole thing sounds! The bridge is really hefty! They weren't kidding when they said "huge brass block!" The tuners feel alright, nothing too special but don't feel super cheap. Pickguard is pretty nice too :)

The rest of the parts are still in the mail...neck should arrive next week. Can't wait!

dres_x

Reaction score
I'm also looking for a knob...kinda like this one:

HH1.jpg

HH2.jpg

hahahaha XD

')