My first complete 6505+ mix

• Thread starter Borges
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
IM PLEASED! sounds just like my peavey 6505+ setup in revalver, gives me hope that it really is modeled after a 6505 xD, othere than that it sounds alright, not the best quality, but GOOD! just add a little more vibrato to your artificial harmonics, there a little stale.

Borges

Reaction score
IM PLEASED! sounds just like my peavey 6505+ setup in revalver, gives me hope that it really is modeled after a 6505 xD, othere than that it sounds alright, not the best quality, but GOOD! just add a little more vibrato to your artificial harmonics, there a little stale.

Thanks! The drums and bass don't do the guitars much justice since I suck at programming drums and the bass is from the pod. I recorded the amp with one sennheiser mic. Also while programming the drums at first I tried to match behemoths drum EQ but I failed pretty hard so I kind of slacked on that lol.

Borges

Reaction score
traditional mic setup?

Yep just one sennheiser in front of a 6505+ w/ named cab recorded at post 2.

The 1 1/2 years I've had this amp this is probably the best I've gotten it to sound with my setup. Gotta get this input fixed though..all that shhhhhhhhhhhh shit is coming from that.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
sound good. i always like the traditional over impulses... im struggling to get good mic'd sounds from my amp any tips?

Borges

Reaction score
sound good. i always like the traditional over impulses... im struggling to get good mic'd sounds from my amp any tips?

What don't you like about the sound?

Well the way I have the mic faced is where the cone meets the dust cap, facing the center of the dust cap.

Also..I've seen videos of people getting good thick sounds from 6505+ on like, 3 or 4 gain. Whatever I try to do I can't get a good sound on even 5 gain it sounds like the thickness of the cab is missing so it sounds really dry. Maybe it's my room, or the cab or whatever. That was the only problem I've had for a while and I tried recording on higher gains and it just sounds so much better.

Right at 6 gain is where it sounds its best and gives you that fat sound..6.5 and 7 is too much, 5.5 is too little.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
What don't you like about the sound?

Well the way I have the mic faced is where the cone meets the dust cap, facing the center of the dust cap.

Also..I've seen videos of people getting good thick sounds from 6505+ on like, 3 or 4 gain. Whatever I try to do I can't get a good sound on even 5 gain it sounds like the thickness of the cab is missing so it sounds really dry. Maybe it's my room, or the cab or whatever. That was the only problem I've had for a while and I tried recording on higher gains and it just sounds so much better.

Right at 6 gain is where it sounds its best and gives you that fat sound..6.5 and 7 is too much, 5.5 is too little.
of my amp mic'd? i dig yours. if mine, im not sure too much high end or not enough, hard finding the "right" mic spot with the highs AND lows. IDK. your sounds pretty nice, you should add a bass to it, i dont think i heard one.:yesway:

Borges

Reaction score
of my amp mic'd? i dig yours. if mine, im not sure too much high end or not enough, hard finding the "right" mic spot with the highs AND lows. IDK. your sounds pretty nice, you should add a bass to it, i dont think i heard one.:yesway:

Ah. Should throw down a recording..and the bass i'm using is from the POD..it's not the best as in authentic but it's there.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
Ah. Should throw down a recording..and the bass i'm using is from the POD..it's not the best as in authentic but it's there.
ive got a few. posted one last week never got any replies, people must dislike my "tone test" threads lol. my new one got more mids maybe people will like that :lol: ya i just picked up a bass today for recording ill have to use some vst's for that unfortunately. i mean they sound great but, its too digital or something for me, the "feel" of it. THANKS for uploading some good old mic'd guitar!!!:metal:

Borges

Reaction score
ive got a few. posted one last week never got any replies, people must dislike my "tone test" threads lol. my new one got more mids maybe people will like that :lol: ya i just picked up a bass today for recording ill have to use some vst's for that unfortunately. i mean they sound great but, its too digital or something for me, the "feel" of it. THANKS for uploading some good old mic'd guitar!!!:metal:

Yep no problem dude. I bought a Pod x3 for guitar recording a while back it satisfied me until I noticed there was a whole lot missing, and yeah too digital. Nothing sounds better than a real mic'd amp, although that axe fx is pretty sick.

Just wish I could get my hands on a condenser mic for a second one, but my room isn't equipped :\

asilayamazing

Reaction score
Yep no problem dude. I bought a Pod x3 for guitar recording a while back it satisfied me until I noticed there was a whole lot missing, and yeah too digital. Nothing sounds better than a real mic'd amp, although that axe fx is pretty sick.

Just wish I could get my hands on a condenser mic for a second one, but my room isn't equipped :\
ya if i went digital itd be axe, but even those i dont know, damn close but something i cant put my finger on. i got a condenser it picks up a lot of highs, some of the room but less gain on mic = less room more amp and vice versa. my condenser picks up a LOT of highs!! watch out for that!!!!

Borges

Reaction score
Sounding good! I'm noticing a bit of the "pumping" effect. Compressor may need adjusting?

Haha yeah I think I pushed the drums a little too much..I do my best to obtain the highest vol possible might need slight adjusting.

Oh and nothing is compressed unless it's auto compressed in reaper

revclay

Reaction score
Guitar tones sound awesome. Well played. Now once you figure out the drums and bass part of this, you will have a killer mix.

Borges

Reaction score
Guitar tones sound awesome. Well played. Now once you figure out the drums and bass part of this, you will have a killer mix.

Yeah i'm kind of sick of this song i think i'll just improve my next one lol. I'll always have to use POD bass though :(

asilayamazing

Reaction score
i posted some amp sims for bass yesterday, i dont know how the pod bass is as i dont have/want one... but ill be trying the sims out for tracking soon.

Garlic Owl

Reaction score
that tone is ridiculously heavy! what overdrive did you use to boost your amp? also did you boost the rhythm channel or the lead?

')