My First Ever Gibson GAS

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
_c190399_image_0.jpg

390265.jpg

1.) its gibson, and they cost too much ($1100USD for #1 and $1300USD for #2)
2.) They're limited edition :mad: :wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy one of those, but the finish is nice.

i like my gibson, i wouldnt mind another :shrug:

Scali

Banned
Reaction score
I have gas for the new Les Paul Axcess model with the Floyd Rose and the contoured heel/body.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there; that's the line Gibson introduced for female players. The are thinner and lighter bodies and for some reason have less controls. I guess Gibson didn't want to confuse the lady folk with 2 volume knobs and 2 tones? lol

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there; that's the line Gibson introduced for female players. The are thinner and lighter bodies and for some reason have less controls. I guess Gibson didn't want to confuse the lady folk with 2 volume knobs and 2 tones? lol

Honestly who cares what they intended it for? :shrug:

They look awesome, and honestly I prefer master volume/tone on my guitars.

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
Order a custom Agile that looks like that, pay half the price. :2c:

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
1100 for one of those isnt bad at all. now i know alot of people dont like gibsons because its apperently cool to not like them or something, but a couple lemons aside(which i have NEVER played a gibby that was bad) they are some of the nicest guitars in existance.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score

The Goddess line? I really wanted one of those Goddess SGs... it was one of the best Gibsons I've played :lol: don't understand why they would be marketed to women.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
to get them interested in guitars and buying gibsons ;) :lol:

its cool to hate gibson for some reason.

i just wailed on mine for the last 45 minutes nonstop, it was great :D

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
Eh I'm a bigger fan of gibsons hollowbodies. Especially my friends. It's actually carved out from a single piece of wood instead of using laminates. That thing is killer.

Cost him like 3 grand though. I rather go custom instead.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
to get them interested in guitars and buying gibsons ;) :lol:

its cool to hate gibson for some reason.

i just wailed on mine for the last 45 minutes nonstop, it was great :D

i hear ya, the only reason, ONLY reason i dont play gibsons anymore is because they dont make 7's.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
IMHO, Gibson's low-end guitars leave a lot to be desired, but their higher-end products are often pretty nice. Most of the criticism has been over how Gibson has gradually cheapened things up on the Les Pauls--introducing less desireable pieces of lumber and drilling a bunch of 'weight relief' holes, which destroys the inherent Les Paul tone. Also, Gibson's fretwork can be hit or miss on the production guitars, which can be maddening. But given how expensive Jacksons and ESPs have gotten in recent years, the prices on production Gibsons don't seem as crazy anymore. The Gibson Custom Shop, on the other hand, now that's some pricey shit...

Scali

Banned
Reaction score
Eh I'm a bigger fan of gibsons hollowbodies. Especially my friends. It's actually carved out from a single piece of wood instead of using laminates. That thing is killer.

Cost him like 3 grand though. I rather go custom instead.

Well, all Gibson hollowbodies ARE built in the custom shop, so :)

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
While I'm not a "Gibson Hater" like some others, I usually don't like them simply cause they rarely make something I'm actually interested in. The same goes for several well-known, popular, companies. The ridiculous Fender/Gibson/Marshall hype doesn't help either.

Reaction score
The only thing that pisses me off about Gibson nowadays is that you have to spend a damn good chunk of change just to get a Les Paul that isnt "Weight Relieved". Thats pretty fucked up in my opinion. Choosing player comfort over tone is a pussy move in my book.

Nonetheless, it didnt stop me from buying 2 Vintage Mahogany LPs recently. They still resonate like crazy fools and the tone is still there in heaps. Fucking great LP's (with a Hardshell case) for only $800. Plus, there isnt any paint on them, and i fucking cant stand paint on my guitars. Paint is the enemy of tone. I made the twats at Guitar Center do a proper fret dressing on all the frets and round the fret ends off as well BEFORE i bought any of them. So frets arent an issue at all, mine are all perfect. My $800 Les Paul played better than the $3000 Les Paul Customs before i even left out the door of Guitar Center. You just gotta be stern and tell em your not buying shit unless they do things right and make sure you get a proper guitar.

')