My first foray into rap/hip hop

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
One of the regular clients at the studio I frequent happens to be a rapper, and was planning to record his debut 4 song EP. So he hired the studio and some musos to build turn his demos into a full production since he wanted his EP to sound like a real band playing. And since really loved my recent solo album, he chose me specifically.

We had drummer and myself on bass to lay down the rhythm section. Once the beds were tracked, I added guitars, keys/synths and other weird stuff like a pipa (Chinese lute), a fretless guitar through a ring modulator, and God knows what else. There are some sound samples that was lifted from the rapper's pre-production demos, but a good chuck of the final music tracks are played by real people (well, me, the drummer, and the producer, who also worked on my album).

Full EP was just released and since he uploaded all the tracks on the tube, here they are.

We had a ton of fun making this EP, and it's basically my second release of the year. The client loved my contributions so much that he's made me a principal collaborator/arranger for future work. A full album will be in the works and we've already made demos for 2 songs.

For those into 90s inspired rap and hip hop, please check 24/8 out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')