My first mod project (Carving Content inside, 56k= unfriendly)

• Thread starter Ruins
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
WOW! I just read the whole thread. VERY impressive! You're quite talented.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ruins

Reaction score
i hope i am this talented at carving some day.
you will, all you need to do is like guitar playing, practice :)

That's incredible. You need to send a picture of that to the ESP custom shop and say, "There's a new sheriff in town..."
hahaha :D
and the next line should be, we can settle this down it nice and easy, you offer me a job or we can go the hard way :lol:

Oh my Pikachu! thats thing...im speechless man great stuff really!
I can haz wun!?
ohh your Pikachu!??? lol never heard that one before :D
sure, U kan haz wun

thank you every one for your comments!!! they really make me happy to read them :hbang:

Ruins

Reaction score
My before last UPDATE of the progress, the next one will be the finished product.

I have started to clear coating it, so far there is only one clear coat on it, with this greyish weather that we have in Germany right now, it takes about a week to dray between each coat.
when the body will be done i will go extra over the carving to protect it.
some cleaning and extra attention to details is planed as well.

the pics turned to be a bit dark as i took them at 8 in the evening...

IMG_1775_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1777_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1780_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1783_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1785_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1786_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1789_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1790_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1799_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1803_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1804_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1808_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1809_1024x683.jpg

thats it for now,

here is the link to the full album if you want to see some more:
7 stringer pimp pictures by FallingDownInRuins - Photobucket

Reactions: flo

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
I am going to miss this thread. Hopefully someone is smart enough and sends you his guitar for some "mods".

Ruins

Reaction score
no updates for now, sorry :(
the guitar is hanging all this time on a hook in my bedroom and drying.
this time i am letting the clear lack to dry/harden completely because i already have experience with not letting the lack dry properly, the results can be very unpleasing starting from unbuffable surfaces (too sticky, too soft) to pulled/ripped stripes int he finish.

the finish looks good so far and my plan is to continue to work with it this weekend or maybe the next week.

thanks for your interest guys :)

@Theo
yeah i was considering to paint it black in the beginning but i have dropped this idea because i didn't want to invest so much more time and effort in it, i want to finish it already and move on to new and better projects.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
well, If there is more coming, I can't wait :D
seriously man, REALLY nice work, If you ever decided to do this to an RG body, Let me know, Would be keen to buy one.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
seriously man, REALLY nice work, If you ever decided to do this to an RG body, Let me know, Would be keen to buy one.

This times five. Your work is without a doubt the most original guitar modification I have seen on a guitar. You take it to a new level. It's not just paint, it's not just shaping. I'm sure you have some new ideas- I think we'd all love to see some sketches.

Please?

Ruins

Reaction score
I have planned to carve my Ibanez Bass and i also have 2 potential customers waiting for my answer when will i be able to start.
so yeah there is much more coming! :)

i don't want to turn this thread in to dealers thread, so if you want to order or got questions in that regard please PM me.

This times five. Your work is without a doubt the most original guitar modification I have seen on a guitar. You take it to a new level. It's not just paint, it's not just shaping. I'm sure you have some new ideas- I think we'd all love to see some sketches.
Please?
Thank you, and thank you every one for your comments! :metal:
about the sketches, i do have some and even finished drawings in the style but they are old works of mine that didn't have much to do with guitar carving.
usually it just happens spontaneously. i start working on something and it just works it self out by it self with help of my hand. it doesn't mean that it all just happens random and i don't have influence over my work, i do, all i am saying is that it just happens. i don't plan or prepare any sketch i just fallow the guidelines in my head.
offcourse when we talk about custom orders then i will work on some sketches/plan to design the final design.

i am between flats right now and my life is a mess for time being, so as soon as will find some of my works i will post them here.

')