My first mod project (Carving Content inside, 56k= unfriendly)

• Thread starter Ruins
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ruins

Reaction score
i cease to impress you?! :(

I used both of the tools. Airbrush is perfect for gradient and transparent smooth shadings effect and brush is perfect when i needed to get dense amount of paint in to small area where airbrush just wouldn't reach.
another use brush was for the kind of spread dray stroked effects.

what would you say if i tolled you that i also use this cotton wool triangular sponge that women use to correct/remove their makeup in this project too?? :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thatguy87

DjentyGoodness
Reaction score
what would you say if i tolled you that i also use this cotton wool triangular sponge that women use to correct/remove their makeup in this project too?? :lol:

nah that stuff's got a million uses :yesway:

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Keeps getting better and better!!!

I had a question about the hardware, are you going to relic it or leave it as is ?

Ruins

Reaction score
i was thinking about the hardware too, i just got no money to buy extra parts for it and to try my self i also can't don't have the needed hardware for that nor the knowledge.
i think they call it galvanic process it allows you to get many desired effects from smooth surfaces to relic looking one. all you need is bathtub with some acid and electricity as far as i know. i am not sure nut i think you can not apply this treatment to any metal/alloy. it only works on aluminum and bronze so that means i would need to coat the hardware with aluminum first and i don't know how to do that.
correct me if i am wrong those of you who know about this.

the other way would be to treat it the same way as i did to the wood. the problem with that is it will simply wont hold on the surface of the hardware. few grabs, rubs, tunings and it will all fall off.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
i was thinking about the hardware too, i just got no money to buy extra parts for it and to try my self i also can't don't have the needed hardware for that nor the knowledge.
i think they call it galvanic process it allows you to get many desired effects from smooth surfaces to relic looking one. all you need is bathtub with some acid and electricity as far as i know. i am not sure nut i think you can not apply this treatment to any metal/alloy. it only works on aluminum and bronze so that means i would need to coat the hardware with aluminum first and i don't know how to do that.
correct me if i am wrong those of you who know about this.

the other way would be to treat it the same way as i did to the wood. the problem with that is it will simply wont hold on the surface of the hardware. few grabs, rubs, tunings and it will all fall off.

You could also try the "vinegar bath" trick or the "bucket of rocks" trick, parts would end up looking as if they were left out in the rain for years, might look good.

digitalpig

Reaction score
This looks unbelievable, just like the Terminator's little brother. :bowdown:

Can't wait to see it finished! :metal:

Cheers from Germany!

Goatchrist

Reaction score
I'm so glad I checked out this thread! Love your art, keep it up!

I sincerely hope that you can live from doing that in the future. :)

Trembulant

Rebel Extravaganza
Reaction score
That is badass, glad you decided to continue on it. :metal:
All kinds of things would look good on the rest of the body.
A green and gold/bronzish reptile type print - silver plate - even straight black would make the carved parts pop.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Is it weird that I really want to be assimilated by your guitar? I want to be its Locutus!

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
176.jpg

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
How the hell did I miss this thread? This has to be the most amazing thing I've ever seen guitar related. No joke.

Ruins

Reaction score
thank you dudes for the comments, thank you to each and one of you!

so some time has passsed and i did some progress the only problem
is that i didn't take pictures of the stages between this one. ah well...

UPDATE

IMG_1686_1024x683-1.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/FallingDownInRuins/7 stringer pimp/IMG_1674_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1670_1024x683-1.jpg

IMG_1671_1024x683-1.jpg

IMG_1683_1024x683-1.jpg

IMG_1682_1024x683-1.jpg

IMG_1681_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1680_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1678_1024x683.jpg

IMG_1684_1024x683-1.jpg

IMG_1669_1024x683-1.jpg

IMG_1673_1024x683-1.jpg

IMG_1664_1024x683-1.jpg

IMG_1667_1024x683-1.jpg

IMG_1668_1024x683-1.jpg

IMG_1662_1024x683-1.jpg

as you can see i need to do some cleaning to the wood but nothing worse there is nothing that 250 or finer sandpaper can not fix. :)

i also notice that it all looks kind of monotone, i need to get some how darker silver shades in to it.

this project is getting really close to be finished, i am excited about it to finally clear caot her and set some strings up and fucking headbang out of both of us :evil:

Latest posts

')