My first NDD on sevenstring!

AVWIII

Pope of Chilitown
Reaction score
Alright. So I just got back from a four hour round-trip bus ride to Toronto.
Man was it worth it!
I present:
AVWIII's New Dolly day!
IMG_0876.jpg

Fuck yeah. All chrome and black. Pure Class. Look how it shimmers in the sweet florescent glow!
IMG_0871.jpg

Rollin' in style on some sick 4"s. Heads were turning from Queen to Spedina to get a look at them bitches.
IMG_0872.jpg

And just when you think it couldn't get any more awesome, IT FOLDS DOWN!
Can't wait to bust it out at our next practice!
And all it cost me was a straight trade for my ancient PodXT->GSharp-> mesa 50/50 rack.
How did I get such a sweet deal you ask? The dolly came with one of these things on top of it:
IMG_0874.jpg

I guess the original owner just didn't want to go through the trouble of prying it off or whatever. I'll find a use for it somewhere. As you can see, I already tried it out as a pizza table/batmobile shelf.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
remove the ridiculous lynchbox logo and it's one fucking sick looking amp. Ultra XL/XTC/Blackface that bitch my good man.

AVWIII

Pope of Chilitown
Reaction score
I actually took it off, then put it back on for the photos. It is now off again.
As for modules, I've actually got a used 1086 coming tomorrow or the day after. We'll see how I feel about that, as it's supposedly a little tighter/clearer than the Ultra XL. Blackface is next, then either the XTC or an SL+. It's also going to be KT88'd one of these days.

defchime

Reaction score
wow i actually was convinced you bought a new dolly and made a thread for it LOL...randalls are sick but they're way out of range for me with the modules

AVWIII

Pope of Chilitown
Reaction score
The guy I traded with though was cool enough to overpack it (including thick foam on the base, a bedsheet wrapped around the amp, two garbage bags covering the entire thing, the dolly, and a bungee cord holding it all in place.) so nothing would happen on my ride home
randalls are sick but they're way out of range for me with the modules
It's actually not too bad price-wise when you search for used modules.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
nice to hear it was well-packed!

peep my thread :squint:

used is the way to go - bring that beast over!

also, upon a 3rd look, i notice there's some empty space. WWJJD?

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Mmm, pizza. :yum:

I keep meaning to get a foldable dolly like that. Carrying cabs over long distances sucks.

AVWIII

Pope of Chilitown
Reaction score
The 1086 arrived!
IMG_0887.jpg

I think I made a decent choice, as it's an incredibly versatile sounding module. It much prefers my stock RG7620 over my Godin LG HMB (mahogany neck and 2 piece body, JB/Jazz combo, 24.75 scale, schaller bridge, graph tech nut etc) but I think that's due to the RG's darker sounding pickups.
Feature-wise, it's got a gain/voicing switch, and a mid voicing switch. The first one lets it go from somewhat marshall-y, to near mesa. In the "boosted" mode it sounds kinda like a tighter version of red channel on the triple rec I owned for a while. The mid voicing basically lets you switch between two mid frequencies to adjust. I have to do a lot more tweaking and a re-tube, but I think it may be a keeper.
Still thinking about KT88s for the power section though.
video soon!