My first real recording, tell me how much you guys hate it (FFO: BTBAM, Opeth, etc.)

• Thread starter MikeMonacoBrah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Cryptodira | Facebook

I'm so excited to finally have presentable recordings to show people, let me know what you guys think please. Throw us a like and show your friends if you like it. Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully listen guys.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asterix

Reaction score
I like it for the most part buttttttttt, the vocals are awful.
I hate to be that guy :ugh:

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Woahh, the intro was sick and that change was pretty ..sudden. I thought the intro was awesome, I was hoping for it to stay in that style.. Also theres so much unneeded bass drum gallops(?) in there.

As said, the vocalist needs to work on clean singing a lot, his growls aren't too bad but they sound like there scarring his throat bad haha.

Reaction score
I'll have to check out vilarika then!

and thanks for listening fiction, and thanks for so much feedback. yeah, we were intending for there to be a very sudden change in style without losing flow if that makes sense. and I can see where you're coming from with the vocals, he uses proper techniques and everything so he's not really hurting his throat bad, it sounds like that because he shoots for a more post metal type growl opposed to traditional death metal.

keep the feedback coming guys, we all really appreciate the listens and love constructive criticism more than anything.

VILARIKA

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate the listen. VILARIKA, what band do you play in?

Well the band disbanded a couple months ago, so I am on my own currently :noway:, but I see that one of my friends is into your music. If you guys have a show near my area, I would definetly come and check it out!

Reaction score
Well the band disbanded a couple months ago, so I am on my own currently :noway:, but I see that one of my friends is into your music. If you guys have a show near my area, I would definetly come and check it out!

rad dude! if you look on our page we post the event pages to our shows all the time, but I know right now we're playing:

December 10th at broadway bar (ammityville)
December 18th at broadway bar (ammityville)
January 1st at ethical humanist society (garden city)

and a couple more TBA in december, thanks for showing interest :yesway:

Again, the vocals need some work, otherwise it has great potential. Thumbs Up.

thanks so much for the feedback man! we're putting a new song up by tomorrow night also, hopefully you guys will like that one a bit more!

Reaction score
Sounds good, though vocals need some work. Guitars sound great

thanks so much for listening dude, we really appreciate the feedback a lot.

for everyone: just put another new track up! let me know what you guys think of it compared to Anonymous. it's probably the heaviest thing we've got on the EP.

Fillifax

Reaction score
I like it. However, it seems like something I would like a lot more live than on record.

I agree with some of the others: Vocalist needs practice and unnecessary pedal spam is unnecessary.

Reaction score
thanks so much, we all really appreciate the feedback! yeah, we're getting some good reactions out of people when we play out live.

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
What are these vocals all about? lol. They are pretty awful. Otherwise its pretty good.

Latest posts

')