My First Tattoo! 20th bday present to myself

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I made up my mind a while ago: if im getting inked, it's gonna be for music - nothing else will be constant for me.

It cost a bit to get done, and I left Dave at Hanger 18 a tip (him being my artist), and I think he did an awesome job! I spent the $5 to get the ointment they have, and I plan on following instructions so that it heals up nicely.

this is the only pic i have so far:

n508644628_776214_5440.jpg

more to come later, when I take the wrap off.

It didn't hurt as much as i thought, and it only took 15 minutes to do! I'm already thinking about a bass clef on the opposite ankle, same style... when i have the $$ to spend again! at some point i will get my 8th notes in an X with a border design done on my right shoulder... at some point. I wanted to get this done first - i dont think my leg is gonna change shape any time soon :p

all in all, I'm happy :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
So long as you can think of something you like that you know you will probably like for the rest of your life, i say go for it.

I originally chose a different treble clef design that was much more spikey and evil-looking, but im already starting to balance my metal with rock more often - i'd like it for a while, and then be like "i outgrew that" perhaps... and all of a sudden its not cool to me anymore.

this one works for everything :)

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I got the "11:59" on my wrist around my 22nd birthday, it was a birthday present from Laura, but it was an idea I'd had since high school and promised myself if I graduated MIA I'd get it done.

Now I want more :lol:

...Just no My Little Pony.

defchime

Reaction score
im getting a tattoo around may of 2009...im getting the words "Sevas trA" tattooed on my lower right neck (hidden when wearing a t-shirt) cuz im a big otep fan and i believe completely in the art saves statement.

i dont really know what im going to get when i graduate high school...i might not get anything else until i graduate college...actually i have a friend who was lost to drugs so if i find out he dies or if i move ill get a tattoo for his remembrance

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
taking tape off your leg isn't fun!

however now i get to look at it :D. cant wait till my leg heals up and the redness disappears, even though it does add to the tattoo haha.

thanks for the kind words :)

itsallinmyh3ad

...Made me do it.
Reaction score
Looks nice. I had a treble clef done when I was 17. Now, I'm 22 and I just got it covered up a month ago. It didn't look as nice as yours (fuck, it costed me $20). Pics or it didn't happen:

l_205c057f312d6742e6b84757887b2cd5.jpg

l_1914eb6c59fbe4914b6c890c0a656b8b.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
that's one fucking angry fish dude! :lol: looks good tho! leg?

day 2 - i thought this pic was less fuzzy.. i was wrong.. sorry :p

n508644628_780763_3335.jpg

dont worry, next pic will be when it's not red anymore lol

itsallinmyh3ad

...Made me do it.
Reaction score
Yeah, it's in my leg. I *think* next will there will be a dragon joining my koi in battle, lol. A traditional japanese dragon, full color, angry as fuck. I want a leg sleeve. We'll see how that goes.

Oh, and try to get Curel or A&D for your leg. I used Curel and the colors stayed on my tattoo very nicely. It also healed way quicker.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
there is no colour on my tattoo ;)

I debated a leg sleeve for a second, but i think i'll leave it as 1 per ankle area - bass clef on the other side, i think.

so far so good :) - i think the redness/swelling went down a fair bit while i tried to sleep; sunken bed ='s shitty night

itsallinmyh3ad

...Made me do it.
Reaction score
Well...do you want your black tattoo to fade? :(

Also, it will help the healing be faster. You're not using anything to speed up the healing process?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm using "Tat Wax" that they sell at the shop - $5 for it vs. $8 at shoppers drug mart.

i am most definitely using ointment to keep 'er lookin sexy and heal properly!

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Nice tat man, just remember that it's addictive, and that you should try to avoid patchwork tattooing, take a theme, stick with it for one leg, one arm, and work around it, make tattoos extendible, so that it won't look like a collection of weird shit 5-10 years down the line. It's the difference between them looking good, and looking bad and disparaged.

You're right about it not hurting as much as you think it will. The real pain sets in when tattoo guy has been scraping ink into you for 4-5 hours, and then decides to do a bit across the bone, wrist, ttendons, that just makes you almost vomit as there's no happy stuff left.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for the words james :)

I dont plan on getting any sleeves done, as addictive as piercings/tats can be. i think they look cool, but they're not for everybody - as my artist said when I told him how i think they're cool but i wont get one lol.

and the words you're looking for are "numbing cream" ;)

Latest posts