My First VIDEO!

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I thank you all, guys. I will be putting up a vid of me with my Strat. You can all guess what i'll be playing. :D

I try to do one with my S. That's what behind me in the video. The other guitars are Jon's. I want to get into playing my songs tight. Ever since I recorded them, I have been practiciting them just in case if I ever wanted to play them, I can. :yesway:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dude that kicked ass! :yesway:

Your CD came today as well - going to toss it in right now. :metal:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. :cheers: One guy on Jemsite gave me some constructive criticism, I thought it was good though, I don't take it offensively at all. I need it. I plan on doing Cliffs Of Dover next. I've practiced this song for 4 years now, I need to get it on vid. :agreed:

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
Very nice man! Great chops and a lovely guitar :yesway:

Only thing I would say is that maybe record with a better mic time, or turn down a little, sounds like the speakers are about to explode! :lol:

Also, can I throw my hat in the ring and say I'd like to see a video of you playing the White UV, that thing is beyond beauty!

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks again, guys. :cheers: I was hoping you could hear the song more than me. :lol:

David! Nice to see you, where the hell have you been? I remember those vids you posted a while back. :shred: Cheers!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Awesome playing dude! Jesus, your picking hand barely moves! I'm more from the Neil Young/Pete Townsend school of picking economy! :lol:

My New Year's resolution this year is to finally get sweeping under my belt. Any tips?

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks, Jeff. Sweeps took me a LONG time to get down actually and im still learning accuracy. That and alternate picking. I thank EJ and Petrucci for that. Their videos helped me alot actually. I watched those vids over and over and I still can't play as clean as them but still they helped alot. :yesway:

Jon

J. Holbrook
Reaction score
good work shawn !:metal: yeah,we will do some mo' vids will do sum mo' vids:shred:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:yesway: Yeah, thanks for filming, Jon. I appreciate it. I love your digital camcorder, that thing is slick and im looking forward to making more vids. :D

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice! Great chops you got there. The guitar is cool, too. Looking forward to hearing Cliffs of Dover:agreed:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice! Great chops you got there. The guitar is cool, too. Looking forward to hearing Cliffs of Dover:agreed:

Thanks! I was planning on recording Cliffs this weekend. I'll keep you all posted. :yesway:

')