My girlfriend just bought me a new pedal...

Reaction score
I'm sitting here at work and my girlfriend comes to visit me for lunch. We go on a walk and she wouldn't tell me if we were going anywhere specific or out of our normal route. Eventually I start thinking we're going to Long & McQuade because we were kind of heading in that direction. Finally I get it out of her and she said that's where we were going.

Now since my birthday is tomorrow I'm thinking to myself, "There can't be anything she is going to buy me today... I know we're not walking out with a P-bass or anything like that!"

We walk into Long & McQuade and she walks straight over to effects. She said to me, "You wanted a pedal. You're getting a pedal." We went there a month or two back on a lunch break and I said I wanted more pedals. Well, she certainly didn't forget it.

I was thinking about getting another gain/fuzz pedal, but I have a Catalinbread SFT and my amp is the SVT-CL. I don't need anymore fuzz. I'll go for one of the delay pedals I've been dying for. I've wanted one to start a one man experiment project similar to Explosions in the Sky, but with a bit more ambient/noisy. Delay pedals in self-oscillation are perfect for... well... everything! It came down to the EHX #1 Echo and the Memory Toy. I couldn't figure out which one I wanted. I realized the Memory Toy had one extra feature. The modulation switch.

I said, "I think I want the Memory Toy!" Bam. She bought it.

I think I'm in love. She's pretty alright, too. :lol:

Since I'm still at work I cannot provide pictures or sound clips. It looks like every other Memory Toy on Google, and here are some sound clips!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Your birthday is tomorrow? So is mine, and my girlfriend's, and one of my friends. Fucking weird.

Reaction score
East Coast Birthday Party.

Poor Steve has to wait an extra day. What a bitch. Ruth should have tried to push him out a day earlier.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe he would have gotten a taste for vagina if she had.

Reaction score
post pix of her we'll be the judge

Reaction score
The girlfriend or the pedal. :lol:

Guys, I just bought a theremin... running that with the delay will be outrageously awesome.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
The girlfriend or the pedal. :lol:

Guys, I just bought a theremin... running that with the delay will be outrageously awesome.

You have a theramin? You lucky bastard, I've wanted to try one of those out forever, and run it into my Axe FX :lol:

How easy is it to play?

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
You have a theramin? You lucky bastard, I've wanted to try one of those out forever, and run it into my Axe FX :lol:

How easy is it to play?

I tried one in a store..and..well..it's not..easy..Needs too much practice if you want to play many notes succesively as melody and not just a lazy lead

Reaction score
JJ - The theremin is on it's way in the mail. I'll let you know when I get it. All I can tell you is delay into a theremin equals madness. I've got a few more pedals I want to get. I am going to make the craziest drone/ambient/noise music ever. Sunn O))) better hand over the title of awesome.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Theramin into the Axe FX would be nuts. We already got Josh (Temjinstrife) to run his electric cello through it and it was bad ass :lol: I can just imagine how trippy a theramin would be. Also, could run it into the rest of my rig as well for high gain theramining.

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
Happy birthday all of you :lol:

Congrats! I loved my EHX SMMH delay while I had it. Always good stuff from EHX effects.

')