My girlfriend just broke up with me...

• Thread starter Daemoniac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
I'm glad that you guys are starting over. Always remember the forgiveness you receive. And remember that any of the dudes/gals here are always here for you when you need it. We love you bro!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
I know that losing a job can definately put a strain on a relationship. Been there. When the fighting starts & things start to get heated, take a few moments apart & calm yourselves down. Walk around the block, have a cigarette, etc. Then, resume the conversation. If it gets heated again, WALK AWAY & chill yourselves out again. It's important to know when you need to walk away. Otherwise, a fight becomes a shouting match. You're both talking, but neither one of you are listening. Trust me, knowing when to say "time out" is incredibly healthy for resolving issues. The both of you will be training yourselves on how to deal with issues without letting your emotions get the best of you. Therefore, rationality rather than anger, prevails.

As far as "getting your shit together," the best thing you can do is LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. It's an instinct to want to place blame on everything expect one's self for why things are going the way they are.

1) Once you accept responsibility for your actions, make a goal to rectify whatever it is you are doing to cause strain in your relationship & in your life in general. Most people want to tell others what their problem is rather than working on themselves. Accept that your not perfect, but make a firm commitment to yourself. Learn from your mistakes. Decide what you want to change about yourself. Be it personality, your career, your underwear, whatever. Realize your faults & make yourself a better person.

2) In addition, draw the proverbial line in the sand on what you will & won't accept in your life....then stick to this plan. If your chick drives you nuts with (insert whatever bothers you here), tell her that you will not tolerate said action any longer & that you simply cannot allow that to be part of your life. As long as you stick to your guns & let her know you are fully prepared to walk away if she doesn't respect your realistic plan towards positivity, this does work. She just has to know that you've got boundaries & you are serious about sticking to them.

Now this all sounds like self-help crap, but this is from the heart. I DID EVERYTHING I JUST MENTIONED back in 2002. I made up my mind that I wanted to be a better me. Not just for myself, but for other people too. My quality of life went way up & I've never been happier in terms of how I feel about myself & also includes with my friend & romantic relationships. I know that I'm a better person for it & in addition, the "line in the sand" theory let's people know exactly where I stand. This is all so you can have a happier life & with waaaaaaay less drama.

Good luck to ya.

')