My guitarist's entry to the Guitar Messenger competition. Shred.

• Thread starter Speedy Fingers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
I'm going to enter into this competition. I'm not nearly as good as this guy, but I still want to do it for my own fulfillment. To say that I gave it a good go.

I've never once entered any sort of guitar competition, and I feel like I need to finally step out of my comfort zone and do something like this. I feel that regardless if I win or not, it will be a good experience for me.

LOL sorry, I've just been stuck in this rut with my playing for a while. Excuse the rambling.

dcoughlin1

Reaction score
tumblr_mjyhlkdLxL1ql2603o1_400.gif

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Welcome and hopefully you win!:hbang:

Thanks man! I doubt I'll win, and I'm not even really trying to (I don't even know what the prizes are come to think of it) I just really enjoyed playing to that track and figured I'd upload a decent take. :metal:

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
Fucking sick playing! The harmonics in this one remind me a lot of Killswitch Engage!

etb1234

Reaction score
AM I the only one who finds these contests extremely boring? Not that I can play any better or would ever enter but I always open/watch one of these entries sure enough it always sounds the same. Yeah its fast...yeah its tight...sure there are a lot of notes...sure I cant play it but there are 100's of other people who have entered that are...

Overtone

Reaction score
Matt is gonna be so mad when he watches that.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
AM I the only one who finds these contests extremely boring? Not that I can play any better or would ever enter but I always open/watch one of these entries sure enough it always sounds the same. Yeah its fast...yeah its tight...sure there are a lot of notes...sure I cant play it but there are 100's of other people who have entered that are...

Occasionally something of musical value does come from them.

I do watch entries occasionally, I'm nowhere near good enough to play, but it's good to see people just having fun and taking part.

edsped

Reaction score
I think Chris Vogagis's take was very musical for the most part and it was like the first one to be uploaded.

etb1234

Reaction score

I do watch entries occasionally, I'm nowhere near good enough to play, but it's good to see people just having fun and taking part.

I enjoyed that one a little more. I tried watching when these contests started coming up and really liked it at first....but then it just kept getting more and more repetitive. This one has the same entries as the last one, at least in sound and style. I think they should pick the top 10 or whatever, and get them to resubmit in a different style.

"Ok contestant #6, your solo was great and that section of sweeps and taps...top notch! We have been waiting for someone to do that. But here is the deal...you have made it past the first boundary...to win you must now play a chet atkins style solo. If you succeed we will move on to the next and final danny gatton bout. Good luck!"

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score

No you're really not at all, I usually don't follow them and I've never even thought about entering one before. I think I saw the Ever Forthright guy's take last contest, and that was just because I'm a big Ever Forthright fan.

But, that said, I don't see the harm in them and I like hearing all the different takes and what people decide to do with their solos, and how different they all tend to be.
Matt is gonna be so mad when he watches that.

Haha, why?

*snip*

Exactly where I'm at with all of it, it's just a fun thing. I'm not trying to compete or expecting to win, but it's just good fun and also could be good exposure for my band if I win or become a contender because like them or not these competitions do tend to get decent followings.

Anyways, thanks a million for watching and all the kind words on my playing, you guys are super nice.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
Nice chops on your part man, I figured I'd enter as well, just as a personal challenge. I'll make a thread when I finish my video.

Latest posts

')