My Guitars (work in progress)

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bower1

Reaction score
Do you happen to have any Caparisons? The few I played were top notch instruments. You also seem like you would have a Suhr custom or something too (IMO are also kick ass).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
ZOMG HOW CAN U AFFORD ALL THESE??????!!!!!!!!11111ONE

Soz, had to... :lol:

Jokes aside, as pointed out numerous times by many of my illustrious ss.org co-denizens, it's incredibly rude to ask about personal information on a public forum, especially sensitive data such as income, its sources, and the like.

Quoteth my fellow axe-slinger and ex-bandmate Marco: "if you envy my lifestyle, do the same as I do: work hard".

On another note, that Strandberg totally doesn't fit the rest of the guitars, as I've told you before. You should totally send it to me, so she can live happily amongst her headless brethren!

that short guy

Reaction score
Nice collection bro. I'm actually saving up to order you're Mayones 8 string model. But I do have a question about it. Is there any specific reason you died the back of it blue instead of leaving it as a natural wood finish?

rock90

Reaction score
B-E-A - fucking - UTIFUL. I bet you owning one of the best looking guitars on the world has made Periphery even more recognizable in the metal world (I mean besides that U guys make the most amazing and fresh music). :hbang:
When u were playing in Pordenone in Italy there was this guy next to me that just couldnt wait for u guys to stop playing since he was a die heart DT fan and obviosly never heard of u guys, but he really liked your Jackson costum an even said "Bye bella quitara" (or smth like that, i dont speak italian lol) when u left the stage. I bet he googled Periphery when he came home. :)
Way to promote yourself. :)

Anyways you and your guitars rock!!!:)

Can't wait for u to upload the rest. :)

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Stunning collection :D

I absolutely love your guitars, especially that .Strandberg*, I hear you've also signed up for one of the production run Rick Toone guitars. I don't wanna pester you too much for specs as I'm sure when the NGD happens we'll get those and an eyeful :D However I couldn't help but wonder, how many strings is it gonna have? :)

Also in adding to a previous question about whether or not you have an acoustic, I was wondering if there are any acoustic brands you really particularly like or if you've ever given thought to it? I know you have a relationship with Jackson and they are in partnership with Ovation under the FMIC family of brands, so methinks now is a great time to plant the idea of a seven string custom Adamas? :D

Anyway your guitars are awesome, and thanks for taking the time out to do this, it really is awesome of you to be supplying us with such high quality djentleman's imagery! (oh yeah I just did that)

bulb

Reaction score
Beautiful guitars Bulb...I'm really diggin the last Periphery album too, got it off itunes a few months back, been jammin it in my car non-stop for awhile now, inspiring riffage.

I have 2 questions
1.) I noticed a lot of your axes had hipshot bridges on them, is that your preference or were they standard on those guitars?
2.) I'm just really curious about touring...did you ever supplement your income by guitar teching as well? I don't ask to be invasive about money, I only ask because its something I'm really interested in.
you rule!
thanks man

1) Yeah I like hipshot bridges a lot, very comfortable and since they don't make Schaller Hannes 7 bridges currently it is the best hardtail option out imo. Though I really want to try one of those evertune bridges.

2) if you indeed mean "teching" then no I haven't but i know some people who have and it can get you a bit more money. On the other hand if you mean teaching, as in giving lessons, then yes, and that can make you a ton of money on tour if you do it a lot, and with Bandhappy's ability to book on tour lessons its pretty damn easy to set those up too.

bulb

Reaction score
Do you happen to have any Caparisons? The few I played were top notch instruments. You also seem like you would have a Suhr custom or something too (IMO are also kick ass).

I don't personally, but my girlfriend has a Horus and a TAT and they are both fantastic. Also Mraky has an Angelus which is pretty damn amazing as well. I definitely dig on Caparison, I just think it's unfortunate that they end up being so expensive when imported over here, as it makes it difficult for them to be competitively priced for what they are.

bulb

Reaction score
Nice collection bro. I'm actually saving up to order you're Mayones 8 string model. But I do have a question about it. Is there any specific reason you died the back of it blue instead of leaving it as a natural wood finish?

They made the call on that, if you want yours differently they definitely can change that for you!

bulb

Reaction score
Stunning collection :D

I absolutely love your guitars, especially that .Strandberg*, I hear you've also signed up for one of the production run Rick Toone guitars. I don't wanna pester you too much for specs as I'm sure when the NGD happens we'll get those and an eyeful :D However I couldn't help but wonder, how many strings is it gonna have? :)

Also in adding to a previous question about whether or not you have an acoustic, I was wondering if there are any acoustic brands you really particularly like or if you've ever given thought to it? I know you have a relationship with Jackson and they are in partnership with Ovation under the FMIC family of brands, so methinks now is a great time to plant the idea of a seven string custom Adamas? :D

Anyway your guitars are awesome, and thanks for taking the time out to do this, it really is awesome of you to be supplying us with such high quality djentleman's imagery! (oh yeah I just did that)

Ah the Toone is going to be a 6 string! I have a ton of awesome 7's and more than enough 8's at this point, so I am trying to get some nice 6 stringers in order!

opti

Reaction score
All that pastel blue is making me so jealous. I'm glad ss shares an equally loud taste in guitar colors and maple boards.

That first Jackson custom is just...what did you swing that one for? I'm saving to finally buy a top end guitar (*stares at his cheap Douglas 727*) and throw some Duncan Distortions on there and I may have found a goal.

willssharkfins666

Reaction score
1) Yeah I like hipshot bridges a lot, very comfortable and since they don't make Schaller Hannes 7 bridges currently it is the best hardtail option out imo. Though I really want to try one of those evertune bridges.

2) if you indeed mean "teching" then no I haven't but i know some people who have and it can get you a bit more money. On the other hand if you mean teaching, as in giving lessons, then yes, and that can make you a ton of money on tour if you do it a lot, and with Bandhappy's ability to book on tour lessons its pretty damn easy to set those up too.

thanks for answering man! yea I meant teching, as in guitar tech, equipment management for a particular artist. Coincidentally I was also curious about teaching, though, because I've probably watched countless vids of Tosin Abasi, Jeff Loomis, you, Rusty Cooley, Petrucci etc., teaching and product testing, I also noticed that some make these vids and sorta podcasts, which I think is awesome. It sucks that music is tough to break into, but I think its cool that the internet and lessons provides an avenue for artists to still make some money.

My buddy here in jersey works at a machine shop that builds the bridges and tuners and other hardware for toone and towsend guitars coincidentally, hadnt heard of them till recently, i drueled when he showed me pics. its like futuristic art. cool shit.

requiemsoup

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Why do people keep insisting to question how bulb affords these? anyways nice collection them bursts are insanely nice

Well, I can see how people question his being able to afford all these instruments. They aren't cheap lol. This is all quality stuff. Just his pickup choices can run about $370-410 and with the cost of living alone, I personally don't have that kind of cash to drop for pickups. Let alone spend god knows the thousands he put into getting those customs. Yeah, sure you have months to save up. But like I stated earlier, life gets in the way and bills, rent, gas, food and all that shit has got to be paid for.
But hey, that's just my opinion and how I see it. After all Misha did say "Hard work and saving over a decade, good deals, smart gear trading over the years, endorsements, and last but definitely not least Producing bands."
So I guess this whole post is completely redundant....

Churchie777

Reaction score
Well, I can see how people question his being able to afford all these instruments. They aren't cheap lol. This is all quality stuff. Just his pickup choices can run about $370-410 and with the cost of living alone, I personally don't have that kind of cash to drop for pickups. Let alone spend god knows the thousands he put into getting those customs. Yeah, sure you have months to save up. But like I stated earlier, life gets in the way and bills, rent, gas, food and all that shit has got to be paid for.
But hey, that's just my opinion and how I see it. After all Misha did say "Hard work and saving over a decade, good deals, smart gear trading over the years, endorsements, and last but definitely not least Producing bands."
So I guess this whole post is completely redundant....

Dude in the past 8 months ive spent $10k on my guitar collection no one questions that or anyone else on here why is it ok to ask Misha? hes an artist my argument is people don't know boundaries anymore let him post em without the constant "oh dude how do you afford these? how much money do you make?" its not only on here but on his Facebook and Formspring pages too. /Endrant...

On another note Misha you need to post up your GF's collection! :lol:

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Heard the sparkly Jackson 7 and the Daemoness 7 on the Summer Slaughter tour in Tampa/Ybor. Sounded monstrous. I couldn't tell, but are those black hawks still in the Daemoness? I saw it was used for Ragnarok, and I haven't heard those pickups in a 7 yet. Or maybe I did! Wish that set could have been longer but thanks to the smelly fat douche-bag milkshake who made a death threat to Jonny Davy and got the building cleared for 2 hours.... Come to Orlando instead next time. And play one guitar per song.

')