My Ibanez RX170...

• Thread starter Leon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
IM002649.JPG

IM002650.JPG

IM002651.JPG

...is made of plywood :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
i expected it to be made of ancient Chinese Oak and pieces of the Declaration Of Independence :squint:

but really, i was hoping it was some sort of solid wood. i guess i should be glad it isn't plastic! :)

BinaryTox1n

Reaction score
Leon said:
i expected it to be made of ancient Chinese Oak and pieces of the Declaration Of Independence :squint:
:nuts:
You should have known better..... only squiers have wood of that quality.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
To be incredibly honest, I'm not really concerned if I discover my guitars are made out of plywood. I guess I am the lord of cheap pawnshop guitars though :p

But seriously, if it sounds cool with distortion layered on, then it doesn't really matter :). I stripped back my Cimar Star to find that it was made out of about a million different bits of wood with a plywood top and bottom, but it's definitely my favourite playing and sounding guitar XD

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
We need an OWNED! Smiley.

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
well, it was definitely bargin bin :)
the pickups squeal under any kind of high gain setting, but sound alright on a clean channel. this was going to be a project guitar, but i think i'll just put it back together and sell it. the neck is really what i was after, and is definitely the best part of the guitar, i'd just rather start with something good, then improve from there, rather than put time/money into a guitar that doesn't have a solid base.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
:cond:

Sometimes cheap guitars can sound cool. Not exactly what the cork sniffers of tone would call good tone but very cool and usable. Just remember when it doubt turn that shit up. :hbang:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
jarrydn said:
To be incredibly honest, I'm not really concerned if I discover my guitars are made out of plywood. I guess I am the lord of cheap pawnshop guitars though :p

But seriously, if it sounds cool with distortion layered on, then it doesn't really matter :). I stripped back my Cimar Star to find that it was made out of about a million different bits of wood with a plywood top and bottom, but it's definitely my favourite playing and sounding guitar XD

Truth.

My oldschool Ibby EX sounds better than my Universe, and it's not worth the powder to blow it to hell.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I had a Platinum series BC Rich Warlock that was made of plywood back in the day, I thought it was a decent sounding and playing axe too. :D

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
Truth.

My oldschool Ibby EX sounds better than my Universe, and it's not worth the powder to blow it to hell.

+1 :agreed:

My old EX is what I play, when I play 6-string. Huge sound from that thing.

')