My Ibby Rg7520 manufactured in 1997?

• Thread starter FILTHnFEAR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
I have an Ibanez 7 string that I bought brand new in 1997/98. Took it aprt 10-11 years ago to refinish it and never got around to it. It has RG 7-520 stamped on the neck and the body, a serial number starting with F97, triangular pickup tabs, and a 1 piece maple neck.

I read before(don't recall where) that Ibanez sometimes changes model numbers early into production. Can anyone verify this?

Read several times on forums and on Ibanez Wiki that these were first produced in 1998, but my serial number says '97. :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
The triangular tabs mean that it's a 7620 body. They used the same neck on the 7420 and 7620 and the same on the 7421/7621.

The neck may have been made in '97 before the model was released in '98, but I'm not 100% on that.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
What the guy above says. You find lots of models
with necks made a year prior to and stamped
as such but then used on the guitars officially released
a year later.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I bought mine back in '98 (BK) it also says F97 but I did the same about 12 years ago and painted it arctic white. It says 7620 on the neck however...

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

On one hand I'd like to have the whole guitar refinished/headstock to match the body, new pups, and clean up the trem. It's a little dingy, but not oxidized or anything.

On the other I'm wondering what other Ibby bodies the 7620 neck will fit onto? Are there any I could put the neck on AND drop the Lo-Pro into? I mean how much different are the bodies of Korean and Indo Ibbies from the 7620 bodies? Idk.:shrug:Most are basswood. The neck quality and feel is what attracts players to the older MIJ 7's anyway.

IndoRGforme

BroHaamid Ali
Reaction score
The 7620 neck has a different fit in the neck pocket and I do not think it will fit a Indo or Korean body.
Pearle guitars makes bodies that will work and I'm sure others do as well. I hope this helps.

IndoRGforme

')