My Ikebe Original HRG7E (Just Arrived.)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just got back from playing in an epic show last night in Vermont, and to my surprise the guitar I imported from Ikebe Music in Japan last Thursday was at my door. Cool! It's the Prestige HRG7E Custom model.

I bought this one because I was in the market for a nice backup guitar with EMG 81-7s/no floyd, and seeing as i like unique guitars that almost no one has, this exclusive from Ikebe was a no-brainer.

It has a mahogany body, smooth as silk maple neck, EMG 81-7s, black satin finish, hardtail bridge, 24 frets, i think 25.5 scale (hard to tail for some reason), beautiful Ibanez case, etc. Another nice touch was that they ALSO included a new Ibanez gig bag as well as the case. I've never seen that before, cool.

Well the guitar plays great like any nice Ibanez, sounds just like I expected (one motive for buying this was to recapture some of the ESP SC607b mojo I had before I mistakenly sold it). I'm digging it! And no I bought this to keep, not something I bought cheap to have fun with then resell later.

Enjoy.

HRG7E%20006.jpg

HRG7E%20007.jpg

HRG7E%20008.jpg

HRG7E%20009.jpg

HRG7E%20010.jpg

HRG7E%20012.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
i just bought a jc8427 on ebay from a guy in japan and it should be getting here anyday now. So i shouldn't have to pay a importing/customs fee then?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
i just bought a jc8427 on ebay from a guy in japan and it should be getting here anyday now. So i shouldn't have to pay a importing/customs fee then?

I'd assume so, yes.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score

There were no additional fees when I received my 2127x from japan either. It was sent EMS and got here in like 3 days. Shipped with no case all the way from japan and arrived safe and sound.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
shitbats thats hot! whats the scale on that?

I'm not really sure. I know that sounds crazy, but I've been kind of out of it today. I think 25 1/2.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Not a huge Ibby guy myself, but that's a nice looking guitar! Having rare guitars is always cool in my book, nice score Nick! :yesway:

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
my buddy ordered a guitar from Japan and was randomly charged $100 by imports, he lives in NH if that even matters.. seems random to me.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Not a huge Ibby guy myself, but that's a nice looking guitar! Having rare guitars is always cool in my book, nice score Nick! :yesway:

Thanks man :) It's really nice. This is probably one of the only hard tail Prestige Ibanez 7's outside of Japan. Just kind of cool :)

my buddy ordered a guitar from Japan and was randomly charged $100 by imports, he lives in NH if that even matters.. seems random to me.

From Japan = ? Was it Ikebe? Perhaps Ikebe eats some of the taxes or something. They certainly don't pass it on to you with fees.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar :yesway:

It's really weird how US import duties seem so random... it's supposed to be like 8.5% on guitars if I remember correctly. I know I got charged when I imported my RG8670 from Ishibashi.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar :yesway:

It's really weird how US import duties seem so random... it's supposed to be like 8.5% on guitars if I remember correctly. I know I got charged when I imported my RG8670 from Ishibashi.

All I know is, I don't know anyone in the USA who received guitars from IKEBE specifically who've had to pay fees. :shrug:

etohk

Reaction score
I have bought 2 guitars from Japan sent EMS and havent had to pay import taxes or duties, I also noticed that they specify on the label that its a "Gift"...

Got any clips for us?

Latest posts

')