My interface is having problems with the new Mac update. Need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Pro Tip - Never update for at least 2 months after a new OS release. It's neither Windows nor OSX specific.

Try checking for updated drivers from the manufacturer

Humanoid

Reaction score
Pro tip: change the Profire to something else. M-Audio is not interested in supporting new OS versions. If I remember correctly, the last supported driver for Profire is released in 2014 which supports 10.9. and 10.10. El Capitan won't be supported. So, switch to another interface (my vote goes for Focusrite) or downgrade the OS.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, flip back to whatver the last was. I use a ProFire2626, and I'll be upgrading this winter because they announced that their last OS update was the last driver update they were providing for that line.

It's too bad because I fundamentally like the interface, but with no down-the-road software support it's not worth the hassle. I'm just going to give mine to my dad, who runs an older Windows machine and will have no issues with it.

Also, protip: Do a google search for your OS and your interface before updating next time, and don't go through with it until all the hits are people saying they either updated with no problems, or had problems but were able to solve them by following X steps. Doing it blind like that is asking for trouble.

')